1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Can I do this w/o a pest. license?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RB, Feb 26, 2002.

  1. RB

    RB LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 316

    I was told that if I don't charge for apps I don't need a pest. lic. Is that true?

    I'm in Pa. and I let my pest. lic. and subbed all the work to Chemlawn. I've done apps for abaout 4 years I just wanted to get out of the application biz and stick to maintenance.

    I want to use roundup and sahara on driveways and beds. My maintenance contract doesn't say anything about using this so there is no way to say I'm charging for this service. I not trying to beat the system I just want to spray some weed killer.

  2. ohiolawnguy

    ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 397

    get a license specifically for spraying round-up. if someone sees you, and calls you on it, your busted. plain and simple.
  3. TJLC

    TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,308

    I have personally been busted for spraying roundup w/o a license. I just took the 8 hr course and the state exam. Now I'm just waiting to hear something. This brings me to my question. How long does it normally take to hear if you passed or not? It's been about a week now. Once you pass, are you licensed to spray or is there more you must do at that point? Thanks for any help.
  4. You should give Ric the Yard doc a call. There is NO body in your area that puts out a better product than him.

    Give him a call Tom he can help you greatly.
  5. TJLC

    TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,308

    Lawrence, thank you for your response. I agree, it would be a good idea to call Ric. Thanks again.
  6. ohiolawnguy

    ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 397

    i hink it takes about a month to find out if you passed the test or not. give or take.
  7. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969


    Just read your post 629-ANTS or 764-YARD Once you get your test results for the round up license there are several things you must do. I would be happy to tell you how what where and why. I am licensed in Lawn& Ornamental, General Household Pest, Termite, and Fumigation. I can help you and you can help me.
  8. TJLC

    TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,308

    Ric, thanks for your response. I wrote down your number. I'll give you a call soon. Thanks again.
  9. richard coffman

    richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 341


    I wouldn't be caught dead spraying anything without you chemical license. Here in Utah, the dept of agriculture is very strict and they have an army of guy's driving around lookin for the company's like ours sprayin for anything. first they'll watch ya on a few propertys, write down any violations they see, them come up to ya, ask for your chemical license, what your sprayin, how much and ask what other chemicals you have, and if they want to get real nozy, they'll look through your paperwork too see if ya crossed you t's and dotted your I's. I've had this happen to me a few times last year and having the license is so wel worth it, besides it also another way of exspanding your company, but be carful and know what your doing, i'f ya happen to screw up a laen and the customer happens to be a meanie, they can sue ya for the repairs needed done and if ya can't show that ya have your license, it can really hurt ya. Be safe my friend and get the books. I'm sure there free through your states dept of agriculture.

    hope i could help:cool:

    Richard Coffman/owner
    Special Needs Lawn Services

Share This Page