Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
soil samples,someone in your area can take and read the soil samples,what did it look like before the sod was put down, was anything growing? I have seen builders throw sod down on about anything to make it sell. But if your neighbors have decent grass then id try to figure out what has been done different on your yard.

· Registered
70 Posts
Looks like from the pictures your soil is compacted and worn from lots of foot traffic etc my guess is your going to have to get it all loose so water and such can get into the soil to work.

· Registered
70 Posts
I knew something had the grass worn down, just wasnt sure what it was.Just start feeding the dogs high protein food with a bit of miracle grow in it and you will have big tall grass in no time (just kidding of course)Kinda in the category of a kid with a new go cart the grass doesnt have much of a chance,I think I would check around and see who could do a soil sample for you then get several samples from around your yard to see if it was the same everywhere.I took one at a house i used to live in once and a feed n seed company had it checked for me,it came back needing 100#'s of several things to get the soil in check....needless to say the grass started looking just fine,well like everyone elses lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.