1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Can you ask for more after bid?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cochino12, Apr 4, 2005.

1. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the situation, I bid a job for a customer which came out to 8 yards. Well when the company that delivered the mulch, the customer signed for it and turns out they delivered 10 yards. Well I got to the job that afternoon and finished in about 2 hours. (Yes I had some left over so I just spread it in the front yard). I left the job and my customer gave me the invoice for the driver left him and it was for 10 yards.

I called the company I got the mulch from and they wont credit me for the extra 2 yards(cant say I really blame them) because I already spread it. My customer is a really good guy and price is not really a concern to him AT ALL. Would it be bad from to mention they delivered 10 yards? and see if he would mind paying for an extra 2 yards? which he did get and get installed.

I think I am just going to eat the two yards and make sure I'm around for all deliveries. Lesson learned

2. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

If I ordered 8 yards I sure as hell would only pay for 8. Crap like that ticks me off, if you buy alot from them tell them to stick it. I would also eat the cost and charge him more for something down the line.

3. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I would definately raise cain about that to the company that delivered the mulch. thats screwed up. Their mistake and their problem.

4. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok got off the phone with a manager and he apologized for the mixup and told me that they should have given me credit the first time I called. Guess that worked out all right :cool: other than the fact I installed two extra yards of mulch for free :rolleyes:

5. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad it worked out. If that's the worst thing that happened to you today, be thankful.