• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Can you slice seed in reverse with a Stinger super seeder 24?

OP
H

HenryB

LawnSite Bronze Member
I totally understand it's just that I was looking at buying multiple pieces of equipment from them. From aerators to renovators to the applicator machine as well.But from my perspective it's hard to throw down that amount of money when I can't get a simple question answered not faulting them as you know in business sometimes we need parts support etc

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
I would just go in circles or skip a row then your turning radius is half as tight?

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
I totally understand it's just that I was looking at buying multiple pieces of equipment from them. From aerators to renovators to the applicator machine as well.But from my perspective it's hard to throw down that amount of money when I can't get a simple question answered not faulting them as you know in business sometimes we need parts support etc
I completely understand and as far as parts they had thread with info for online direct to you

OP
H

HenryB

LawnSite Bronze Member
I sincerely hope it all works out after the pandemic/Covid situation I really like their equipment it's very innovative.

Well, I never received an email or PM with this question. Yes, you can seed in forward and reverse. It works better going forward but for spot seeding do the following. If you have a direction question, send me a PM through LawnSite.

On a thin spot, go forward then back then forward so know you have crossed over the thin area 3 times with the blades loosening the soil and the seed hopper dropping seed. Change directions slightly 5-10 degs so the blades are more aggressive loosening the soil with each pass.

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
I completely understand and as far as parts they had thread with info for online direct to you
I ordered some extra spoons for ours. Had them with in a matter of days. So that’s a win! My seeder for the standon still hasn’t come in and the crew finished their last scheduled properties today so maybe we’ll have it for next year. Good machine though. The foreman loved it.

CHARLES CUE

LawnSite Gold Member
I have a Lawn solutions slit seeder it will slit seed in reverse but it just drops the seed on top of the grass that it pulls up not on the ground