1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Canadian, Eh? Pricing question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerMoney, Apr 8, 2005.

1. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

This is a really great site. I have learned a lot from everyone here over the past year. Particularly about pricing ie. $45 per acre and such. But most of the members are American (God Bless America). My question is what are the average Canadian prices for cutting. I don't seem to be getting any hits on the larger properties I've quoted. Wondering if I'm too high or if my area just won't support those prices.

I haven't been able to use the $1.00 per minute for residental. More like $0.75 per minute at best.

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Something is wrong if on a 15 minute job you are only getting $11.25. Base prices on a minimum to drop the gate all together. I find $25.00 works well no matter the lawn size. If they want it less its not worth my time to do.

I have my property sizes at the office but i'll try and post some sqft and price I get for an example.

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

MowerMoney, You have to realize first off that American Green Industry types arn't very smart and tend to exagerate.....I can make more w/a 21" Pushmower up here cutting Small Residentials than they can cutting Big Areas w/10k riders..... It's the Same Deal in Canada...The Acreages Pay Less than Small Lots....2-4k Lots are Your Best MoneyMakers.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Sad, but true.

And thats why I think I will suceed. However, you can't stereotype everyone. Remember we can take your country if we want it....

5. MowerMoney

Jeff, you took me too litterally. my minimum is $25 per cut. trying to bump that to $27 this year though, with gas inflation and all.

I would like to see your rate chart though. thanks.

6. MowerMoney

Fareway, how long to you spend on the average 2 - 4K lawn? And for how much on average?

I have one street in a seniors village with 10 customers that I get $25 each. Three houses in a row takes me 60 - 75 minutes. $75 for that. Good money. And no miles between stops. But all my other customers are 5 - 15 minutes apart between 3 towns. Don't get paid for windshield time (I use that for my rest breaks)

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Sick the Mounties on us? Dudley Doo right? Or maybe, the mother country....will come to your rescue.....lol

engagementphoto.jpg

8. jfenton

jfenton LawnSite Member

Don't forget the war of 1812

9. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm, I believe that's the war we won correct? :waving:

10. jfenton

jfenton LawnSite Member

It's a sore point with them. They don't learn about it in school