1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Canadian Software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bluesv6, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Bluesv6

Bluesv6 LawnSite Member

Hello , I did search on this and was unsuccessful . If this has been mentioned before i appoligise ,please point me in the correct direction would be good .

So I am located in Canada and are currently looking for software , tracking for next year .My goal is to find a program to track ,schedule , invoice and possibly billing with CC.

I have researched autoservice piliot ,however american company . With exchange and such and being a small company its tough to justify expense at this stage . I am aware of the benefits of this amazing program.

So wondering what any Canadians are using with success or if any Americans would suggest. My goal is not to call out the US and Canadians , just would like some info .

Thanks

2. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Member

Canadian service express

3. Bluesv6

Bluesv6 LawnSite Member

I appreciate you taking the time to respond ! Can I bother you you for a link ?

I apologise , did a Google search Canadian service Express and all that comes up is shipping .

4. ooeybc

ooeybc LawnSite Member

I'm in Canada as well, and Jobber is the only Canadian-based software company I'm aware of -- but they bill in US dollars, so the exchange rate is still an issue.

5. Bluesv6

Bluesv6 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response my Canuck buddy ;) I will check them out , I've pretty much given up on Canadian . If I can find something reasonable would be good

6. ooeybc

ooeybc LawnSite Member

You're welcome eh? lol... I personally use Yardbook -- and have been for the past two seasons. Their free online version is very robust and while it had more than a few shortcomings when I started using it, it's now improved to the point that it's extremely good at all the applications you're looking for. So much so that I haven't found it necessary to jump to their paid version, which has a few more bells and whistle. It even integrates with Quickbooks, although I haven't tried that yet. I asked a Jobber sales person the other day to compare their software with Yardbook and they conceded that it was very good now. One thing Yardbook doesn't have, though, is phone-in software support, unlike Jobber and Service Autopilot. If you're fairly tech friendly, as I am, this shouldn't be a problem, especially if you learn up on it during the off season. They have a good suite of Help videos and documentation, and they have mail in support with replies within 24 hours, but if you need person-to-person over the phone hand holding, you may want to try something else. Hope this helps -- and good day eh?

7. Bluesv6

Bluesv6 LawnSite Member

Take off eh ? Hoser ...see if anyone can chime in with the name of that movie lol..

Thanks for the yardbook tip . I'm sold on auto service pilot looks like a great system . However I am a small lawn guy ! There system has no pause feature so you have to run all year . This part of can't justify as we have snow for the other half !

8. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

Strange Brew!

9. Bluesv6

Bluesv6 LawnSite Member

Yes lol , one of my favorite shows . Bob and Doug McKenzie