1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Cant Decide which exmark to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrimsonLawnCare, Mar 3, 2008.

1. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

I am in a bind right now, i need to get another big mower but cant decide if i should just go with a 60 inch Turf Tracer or pay a little more and get the 60 Inch lazer Z, can you really mow that many more lawns with a rider vs a stand on? does it jusitfy buying it even though they are the same size?

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have walk behinds and lazers, and yes there is a big difference in the amount of ground you can cover on a tupical lawn, BUT, that depends on the type of properties you are maintaining. you will have to take into consideration how many odstacles you are having to go around etc.:usflag:

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

6.75mph vs. 10mph...yep.

4. Rottman

Rottman LawnSite Member

I'm not sure where you are in ILL., but Muttonpower is a great place to buy equipment and they are also sponsors on this site. I'm in Ohio and purchased a Exmark AS with a 28 hp Kaw, 60" deck from them and like it very much. I saved alittle over $1000.00 from my area and yes it was brand spanking new.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If you have large properties that are fairly open I would suggest a rider but if you have to manuver around a bunch of obsticals like trees and flower beds I would get the wb. Good luck with your new purchase.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you are mowing very small or steep properties the Lazer Z is a no brainer. Great machine.