Lawn Care Forum banner

Can't receive PM?

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  allaroundguys 
#1 ·
Could someone kindly look into it? I've been told that my account rejected PM. Yet, I did receive one single PM some weeks ago.

Thanks for your help and have a great day :)

#3 ·
I just checked and everything is fine with your account...so, I just sent you a private message to make sure. please respond so I know

thanks
Thanks Michael, I got your PM. HustlerMidwest told me that when he tried to send me a PM, it was rejected.

Btw, something strange has been happening. I don't know if you wish to look into it, but I have replied to posts in the Hustler forum and then I get the (normal) message that it first need to be accepted by the moderator. HustlerMidwest (the moderator) accept the message and even replies to it, but only his reply shows up, my message is missing. It has happened with two messages a few days ago. And it has also happened at least 5-6 times since I joined lawnsite.

HustlerMidwest said that he doesn't know why my messages end up being deleted.

Thanks for everything.

#5 ·
I had similar issues with messages being held for moderation on a different web forum while using IE. I've switched to firefox and it no longer happened.

Have you shut off the pop up blocking for this site also? That might help pm's make it through. I don't know much about these things....just some ideas based around issues I had and seem to have resolved.

#6 ·
I had similar issues with messages being held for moderation on a different web forum while using IE. I've switched to firefox and it no longer happened.

Have you shut off the pop up blocking for this site also? That might help pm's make it through. I don't know much about these things....just some ideas based around issues I had and seem to have resolved.
Thanks for your suggestions. But I'll wait until I hear back from those who manage/own this site. I'm sure they would prefer to have a site that does not require turning off pop up or using other tricks. But I'll use your trick/suggestion if they can't find out what went wrong. And you are correct, I did not turn off pop up and I'm using IE version 10.

#8 ·
so why dont I have the option to send PMs on this site? is it just something that has to be activated by the admin? I get the message "you do not have permission to access this page" when I go to the private message page on my profile/account
you need to be a member of the site for 10 days and have 10 posts in order to access the pm system on the site...it will automatically be accessible to you once you have done both

#15 ·
you are able to send and receive pm's now...so, if you want to pm a member, go to their profile and choose "send a private message to..." and you can do so there. To check your pm's you can click on the private message link below your user name in the top right hand corner of the site

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.