• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

CARB

FRANDAGG

LawnSite Member
SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. I JUST ORDERED A EDELBROCK 1406 CARB WITH ELECTRIC CHOKE. IT IS GOING ON MY 77 WITH A PRETTY MUCH FACTORY 350. MY DAD AND I DISAGREE, WILL I NEED A NEW AIR CLEANER, FUEL LINE, ADAPTER PLATE. I HATE ADMIT IT BUT I KNOW HE IS RIGHT, JUST WANTED TO A FEW PEOPLE ABOUT THE SPECIFICS. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME.

mike reeh

LawnSite Member
The air cleaner should work but you will have to modify the fuel line and you will need an adapter plate which is highly undesireable IMO. Ever thought about getting the original Q on the truck redone? Do you have to pass emissions tests?

If you have all the stock vacuum lines hooked up still, and plan to keep it all hooked up, its going to be a bear getting it all working right with the performer carb. It would be nice to spend the extra money for the edelbrock quadrajet (or rebuild the current Q)

the performer will not run as well as the Q.

mike

fran

LawnSite Member
WELL I WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT IT ANY WAY. IT WASN,T THAT BAD TO PUT ON. WE DON'T HAVE EMMISION LAWS IN IN IOWA. IT RUNS GREAT. A LOT MORE POWER BUT IT REALLY LIKES THE GAS, MY LEAD FOOT DONT HELP.