• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Carbs rotary or diaphram? What's the difference?

HenryB

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm looking at Kawy's KTFR27A Trimmer. I know it's entry level commercial but I'm looking at throttle response, the KTF was horrible all it did was bog and stall. This new KTFR is the same as a KTF but with a different carb a Rotary carb. Sooooo how is a rotary carb different than a diaphram carb and wich would have better throttle response?

GlynnC

LawnSite Senior Member
There's still a few new KGT27A's around--some on eBay a day or so ago. In Dec, I bought a new one in Nashville from a dealer with still a few in stock. These have been very good for one of my commercial customers--but parts are expensive--probably on all Kaw.

Merkava_4

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've been scouring the internet trying to find information
on how a diaphragm carburetor works. I'm a lot more
familiar with the operation of float type carburetors.

rob7233

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm looking at Kawy's KTFR27A Trimmer. I know it's entry level commercial but I'm looking at throttle response, the KTF was horrible all it did was bog and stall. This new KTFR is the same as a KTF but with a different carb a Rotary carb. Sooooo how is a rotary carb different than a diaphram carb and wich would have better throttle response?
Do what have done. Call Kawasaki and ask for the Technical support department and that you have a question on Carb construction and operation for two cycle Kawasaki trimmers See www.KawPower.com go to site map info.

I already have it for you below;

Repair / Warranty Assistance
For further assistance with repair / warranty related issues call 877-364-6404

BTW: check you PM box...

ilinimud

LawnSite Member
Has anyone actually used a KTFR27A? I am looking at it for home use, and cant find any user reviews, or threads about it on this site via search.

Merkava_4

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm thinking a rotary valve carburetor is the same as a barrel valve carburetor;
just different ways of describing it. Nevertheless, they're not butterfly valve.