1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Carhartt ????????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shaded Green, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Shaded Green

Shaded Green LawnSite Member

This might be a silly question, but I've been wondering what you guys consider the best brand of shorts.

I've consistently stayed with Carhartt, but I have to believe there is something better suited to what we do. I like the durability that Carhartt provides, but it would be nice to find something a little more comfortable.

I found my new brand of shoes through LS. I guess I'm just hoping you guys could dress me completely.

OH....... THE SHOES >>>>>> DANNER'S (the best $135 I've ever spent)

2. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Affordable RS

Affordable RS LawnSite Member
    from C FL

Sportif all the way. Lauderdales for the south and original stretch for up north or just a little tougher.

4. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i wear the cargo shorts from LL Bean. i bought a bunch of them when they had a promo for free shipping. nice and comfortable and durable!

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Normally I wear carhartt cargo shorts which I love because of the pockets and the fact that they are tough. I recently picked up a pair of arbor wear shorts. I have not worn them on the job though. I will report back on them soon.

6. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

7. nice pair of kaki shorts, timberlands, and a company or fire dept t shirt

8. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Weed-eater is too tough on my boney legs. I wish I could wear shorts while weed-eating, but anyway, I wear the Carhartt pants. A little warm, but my legs don't bleed!!!

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

When its colder out, I wear the Carhart duck work pants. As it warms up, I either wear the Canvas work pants, Levis Strauss cargo pants or Levis cargo shorts.

10. K c m

K c m LawnSite Bronze Member

no shorts. Carhartt overalls always. I own about 20 pairs of carhartts but i wear them to m real job then cut grass after with them. there aweosme