1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Carolina Geranium

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArTurf, Mar 15, 2020.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Seems after my 1st round some of this pops out. What was up gets knocked but on some lawns some emerges that evidently was not up at the time of spraying. It will be awhile before my next spraying so I'd like it to not be visible. This is no warm season turf country BTW.

Anyone else experience this and any solutions besides possibly doing a lot of spot spraying?

2. CorgiTurf

CorgiTurf LawnSite Senior Member

What does your first round consist of?

3. OP
    OP
    ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Simazine and Sulfentrazone

4. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

How much sulfentrazone?

5. OP
    OP
    ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

6 oz. acre

6. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

Pre’s only prevent certain weeds ( usually annuals)and post only kill what is present, that’s why I only spot spray. Did you start earlier than normal? Or the lawns are just thin and have a lot of space for weed growth? I usually wait for weeds to have conditions to pop before I run round 1 or they pop right after you visited the property.

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

The salesman was very enthusiastic about sulfentrazone, right?
    It would not be my first choice.
    The info from Domyown.com
    "Dismiss Turf Herbicide will control or suppress the weeds listed on the label when applied alone shortly after weeds have emerged."

Carolina geranium is included on the list--but I suspect it may be a bit older than, "shortly after emerged."

8. OP
    OP
    ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Salesman, what salesman?

It knocks the emerged CG, but more emerges a few weeks later.

What would you use Riggie? Keep in mind this is on mainly St Aug. & Centipede

9. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

The label on sulfentrazone is ambiguous. The 4-12oz/ acre leaves a wide margin for interpretation.

I tested 12oz per acre app on my own lawn (reel cut Bermuda) in mid- May and it caused some serious discoloration to the leaf blades. It looked like leaf spot or slime mold. Took a full 30 days to recover. But any sedge that tried to pop up yellowed and curled after emerging. I did achieve season long control/ suppression.

walkinonwater27 likes this.
  10. CorgiTurf

CorgiTurf LawnSite Senior Member

What about low rate specticle in place of simazine for first round?

Theres gallery too... just thoughts