1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Carrier Frame

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cajuncutter, Aug 11, 2006.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

PJ
    Could you check and see if you all have a carrier frame for a Shortcut. If so I would like the model that sports the larger castor tires. If you do have any could you give me a price on one please? I am tearing the Hog apart and converting it over to a mower. Since the frame on the original Shortcut started to break we ended up having to weld the carrier frame to the main frame. Because of this I kind of hate to have to grind the welds to break it loose. If the price is right I will get a new one to avoid this.
    Caj

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

For what size deck? the carrier frames were all different depending on which deck it was for.

Pj

3. cajuncutter

My bad, I assumed they were all the same. 54 inch deck. Larry sent me one when he set up the deal on the hog however I had to weld it to my original shortcut. I am glad you brought that to my attention because I am on the hunt for another shortcut in the 1000 hour range with or without an engine. I assumed all carrier frames were the same. Glad I did not take a road trip like I previously was about to plan. So that is what I am looking for. I am just going to mount it to the hog and the hog is going to become a mower. I did find in all my stuff a deck lift kit so you can scratch that request. It was something else Larry had thrown in on the deal. So frame is all I need.
    Caj
    P.S. After all that song and dance I had gone through on that SuperZ I can not swing it :( The deal was to sell my Hog to a guy that was hot and heavy to get it, he just wasted my time. Soon as I met him I could tell he really did not want it he just wanted to see what one looked like. JERK!! LOL

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will look for one for a 54" tomorrow and see what I can find.

Pj

5. cajuncutter

Thanks!! Remember all I need is the carrier I already have 2 54 inch decks. Also could you check on the round 1/4(?) thick spacers as well? I do not know the part number for them. There is a total of 8, 2 to each point of the deck. Also the bushings that go into each hole (4). The one Larry sent me already had them installed so I do not know if that is the standard. If they are separate please include all parts in the price. I don't think the new dealer would ever get them and if he could order them it would take at least 2 weeks. I would like to get this done ASAP at one time.
    Caj

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The carrier frame is the hard one... all the other parts you need are in stock, bushing and spacers etc.. etc....
    I am looking into the carrier frame today....

Pj

7. cajuncutter

Work hard!! LOL I am in panic mode. It is getting worse by the hour. Left side is going, especially in this heat we are having down here. I think I can get away with putting my older 54 deck on it and keep it on flat ground where I need to do some DC'ing. Hopefully you all can get something out this week so I can get this done by the end of the weekend. It never works out that way for me, somehow Murphy's Law always applies to me, but maybe I will get lucky. I also put in a call to Lonnie just a little bit ago before I got on the computer.
    Caj.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cajuncutter,
    I have bad news on the frame, we do not have any, I just verified that with our parts manager.
    If you talked to Lonnie, he may have something used that came back from a dealer, I am not sure, he works out of the plant, I work out of NY, so I don't know what he may have.

9. cajuncutter

Both Lonnie and Vance are on it. Hopefully they can find something. If not that would be about par. I know Lonnie said they would not build one which I am sure that would cost me out the wazzooo.

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If it can be found one of those 2 will find it, they are the best !!