Casey's Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by caseysmowing, Sep 16, 2013.

1. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Silver Member

Just starting to gear up for the season. Already getting calls for mowing quotes and one mulch install. I haven't even got my equipment out yet even though I thought we would be mowing already with this really mild winter we've had. Hoping to add 1 full day of mowing to my week this year and more leaf work. I got a call from a commercial account that I bid at $350 a week. If I get that I only have to add 2 more small accounts and I'll be good on the mowing side. I'm not looking forward to being busy 3-4 nights a week but the bank account is just about empty.

PLLandscape likes this.
  2. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

We just got a foot of snow last week. Thankfully most had melted. I won't be doing much of anything for at least another month around here. Same deal with the bank account.....

Hope you can grab that account!

3. caseysmowing

I didn't get the account. Not a big deal because it's half hour from my house and 15 mins from farther away from my farthest account. I know the guy who did it before and it took him over 4 hours to complete and he was doing it for $300. It's a 11 acre property with 4 building and 2 parking lots, with about 7 and a half acres of turf and over a hour of trimming. $350 was the lowest I would go and I told myself I wouldn't be upset if I didn't get it. I mow a 5 acre property every 10 days for $225 that is closer and only takes me 2-2.5 hours to mow. So that made it hard to do something that big for $350 or less. Still a lot of money but I didn't want to be hating myself once a week for 4 hours at a time.

PLLandscape likes this.
  4. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the club. I think I got two weeks before the snow is gone down here.

caseysmowing likes this.
  5. caseysmowing

Our biggest snow this year was 3 inches that I removed with the leaf blower. It wasn't a good year to buy a snowboarding pass. $320 to go twice was a big waste of money. We will be mowing the first week of april. Some of the fertilized lawns have already been mowed once to clean them up. Finishing up a mulch job today and doing a spring clean up at another, then I'll be doing my own mulch which hasn't been done in two years. 73 degrees this Saturday!

6. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Lucky. Now just wait and see the year you sell the snow blower is the year your going to get hammered with snow

caseysmowing likes this.
  7. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I had an opportunity for a 3 acre property but I'm not equipped to handle a lawn that size so I couldn't even give a normal price. Would've been a nice pick up but the guy decided to buy his own zero turn.

jc28451 and caseysmowing like this.
  8. caseysmowing

It's next to impossible to get large yards at a good price. I have some deeply discounted lawns that are within 2 miles of my house that are wide open and flat with little trimming. But I'm not going out of my way for lawns like that.

9. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Casey, any updates?

I love you dump and leaf setup!

10. caseysmowing

Nothing new here. Still have my helper and same equipment. Lost the rear end in my box truck a couple of weeks ago. So that will be a winter project for me. Man do I miss that truck. Switching out mowing setup back to leaf setup gets old quick. Girls are doing great and the wife still stays at home. My FT job is starting to get pretty iffy. A lot of the perks to it are getting taken away and not looking like it's going to be open long term. Working on round 1 of leaf clean ups and finishing final mows for the season. Just maintaining the clients and equipment I have. Nothing too exciting to post. I did just reread my whole thread. It still amazes me how fast and how much I grew in such a short time.

hort101 likes this.