Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 80 accounts of which are 74 residential. Most of my customers are awesome payers, lets say 70 - 80%, however there are several that repeatedly pay late.

This is how i bill

Do the months work, then send out my bills on the last day of the month. I usually get most checks in within the first few days of the new month, however the remainder dribble in over the next two weeks or so. Its killing my cash flow. I have bills to pay as well as gas to buy.

One woman said i'm sorry its such an insignificant amount i forget (2 months O due) so my answer was well did you see the news on TV and read the paper this morning, she replied yes. i said well you didnt forget to pay your Cable or newspaper bill then did you and also that significant amount is my lively hood.

As you can imagine i dropped that one like a lead weight.

So what i have decided to do is send out my bills on the first of the month, payable by the last day of the month.

Has anyone got any suggestions

Thanx

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I bill the first of the month so that I get pd ahead. It helps but you will always have late payers. I mark mine due by the 15th and I'd say about 70% show up by then, the rest dribble in until the end of the month. I just live with that. When I'm ready to start invoicing again, the no payers get a call (I've only had to do that twice this year).

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I send invoices out on the 15th of the month for the next month's services, due by the first of the month. If I don't receive payment, I don't show up....and they ALWAYS call the minute you don't show up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.