• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Cat 257b For Sale?

hoeman376

LawnSite Senior Member
I gotta line on a new 257Bseries 2 Whats mine worth. I wanna sell my 2004 257b. 1200 hours. Brand new motor mabe 150 hours on the motor. the flex pipe broke to the intake and sucked dirt:hammerhead: Cat warrentied it. Its got Cab heat and Ac. Tracks have about 500 hours on them. Machine has a few scratches on it from just the tight jobs we do. Back door has a small dent in it from a brick layer running his lull into it. Im hoping to get 15,500 am I crazy.

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
I gotta line on a new 257Bseries 2 Whats mine worth. I wanna sell my 2004 257b. 1200 hours. Brand new motor mabe 150 hours on the motor. the flex pipe broke to the intake and sucked dirt:hammerhead: Cat warrentied it. Its got Cab heat and Ac. Tracks have about 500 hours on them. Machine has a few scratches on it from just the tight jobs we do. Back door has a small dent in it from a brick layer running his lull into it. Im hoping to get 15,500 am I crazy.

Going back for more? Looking at IP auction results you are more likely to see 10-11k. Some nice appearing 06 models similiar equipped could not bring 15,500

OP
hoeman376

hoeman376

LawnSite Senior Member
I was giving you a hard time.:) You could get a Takkie for that price.
I hate Takkies. There great machines ton of power big cabs but i absoultly hate the way they ride. I just wanna punch someone in the face after i run one. If they rode better yeah but cant stand the ride.

stuvecorp

LawnSite Fanatic
I hate Takkies. There great machines ton of power big cabs but i absoultly hate the way they ride. I just wanna punch someone in the face after i run one. If they rode better yeah but cant stand the ride.
But you also drive a 953? Someday someone is going to take a VTS and put it on a Takkie so the ride will be nice.(and a boat load of sound deadening material)

OP
hoeman376

hoeman376

LawnSite Senior Member
But you also drive a 953? Someday someone is going to take a VTS and put it on a Takkie so the ride will be nice.(and a boat load of sound deadening material)

Im being dead honest with you the 953 rides nicer. I just hate when your in a takkie and you go over a curb or if your on asphalt or concrete and hit a rock OMG feels like the machine just got droped from 10 feet in the air.

bobcat_ron

LawnSite Fanatic
Im being dead honest with you the 953 rides nicer. I just hate when your in a takkie and you go over a curb or if your on asphalt or concrete and hit a rock OMG feels like the machine just got droped from 10 feet in the air.
No offence, but you are a pussy!! :laugh:

I just spent 3 days in my TL130 with a 4000 pound loaded hopper bucket making over 60 trips across gravel and compacted grindings and I ain't complaining, I'm loving the undercarriage!