Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All steel rollers/idlers/sprockets, but the tracks are conventional steel imbedded rubber.

The whole undercarriage looks like a D-6 high drive, even the way the front idler assembly is setup with the leading roller, all that's missing is the trunion covers for the outside blade option!

But that 299 is a heavy little bugger, 10,700 lbs!

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But they are all too wide, I was hoping for a narrow track version, give me something in the 72" width category.
But the torsion axle mounts look like they are in the same position as on the MTL's, I wonder if you could swap the U/C's right over?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
So what is the deal with these new CTL's there is nothing on the Cat site yet are they not released to the market yet? They look like they should be good machines, but how exactly will they differ from the mulit-terrain loaders, except for the steel undercarriage?

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what is the deal with these new CTL's there is nothing on the Cat site yet are they not released to the market yet? They look like they should be good machines, but how exactly will they differ from the mulit-terrain loaders, except for the steel undercarriage?
Seems no one but Ransome has the specs up yet?!:dizzy:

But Cat's new system is just like everyone else's, so no more getting slack and a bad reputation, but there are torsion axles (like on the MTL's) I guess that was one option that every one wanted. Also, some of the comparisions I am doing right now, Cat has more track on the ground, less PSI and more weight.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You all had better copy those pdf files quick before CAT finds out about them and have them taken off-line.

Remember several months ago when a member here posted some info on that new CAT and within like 24 hrs the thread was deleted?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I see a problem with the new CTL's. The undercarriage has fully exposed hydralic lines. I have had to replace many on a 267 from debris destroying the hydraulic hoses. Major weak area.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I see a problem with the new CTL's. The undercarriage has fully exposed hydralic lines. I have had to replace many on a 267 from debris destroying the hydraulic hoses. Major weak area.
They need slack for the torsion axles, you can always have them wrapped in that super heavy duty plastic spiral hose wrap, that stuff is tuff!
Even welding a deflector sheild over them wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You all had better copy those pdf files quick before CAT finds out about them and have them taken off-line.

Remember several months ago when a member here posted some info on that new CAT and within like 24 hrs the thread was deleted?
Don't worry, I have all the pics and PDF files saved to my PC, they only way they can be erased is if CAT hired a hot girl to invade my life and hack into my PC, but that's just not possible.

Now if you don't mind, I got a date with a really hot girl who loves heavy equipment waiting at the front door.

Her name is Catrina.

Giggity.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.