Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts
please ask him what he was thinking when you see him next, id love to hear what he has to say

Yes, I would suggest you press charges. But, he and his buddies, know you are an easy target. They know where you work, they know your equipment, and they know how to get away with your gear. Next time, the pushing may be replaced with driving it on a trailer, and hauling it away.

So, be aware and take precautions that you may have not done before. If the thug gets jail time, or fines, revenge by him (or his buddies) may be high on his (their) list. This is regrettable, but probably the reality.

what did u have the key out? whenever i park my mower from now on ill take the key with me! I wouldve served him with some streeet justice. then pressed charges.

Well, JB1 since you are smarter than me,,I guess I should apologize for being so freakin stupid. Again, someone who shouldn't be on a forum to begin with. Oh, and remember, if you are ever in Mississippi, stay the hell away from my town.
well i wouldn't be on here asking, I would have been following the police back to the station to file charges.

If it were me, I probably woulda sat there for a few min. watching him push the mower down the street. I can see it now... leaning with all his weight into the mower wondering why it's so hard to push when it's only 1,000 lbs. :D
YEAH ITS ONLY 1000 #S AND DAMN THIS THING IS HARD TO PUSH. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT OPENING THE RELEASE VALVES :laugh::laugh:. UNBELIEVABLE HOW STUPID SOME PEOPLE ARE. IM ALSO CURIOUS IF THE KEY WAS IN IT OR NOT IF IT WAS STILL IN IT THAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE ON HIS END.:hammerhead:

So, be aware and take precautions that you may have not done before. If the thug gets jail time, or fines, revenge by him (or his buddies) may be high on his (their) list. This is regrettable, but probably the reality.
no one is going to come looking for revenge...

I can't win for losing! I was working a fed housing property I have when I came around the corner of a house with edger in hand and this dude was trying to push my gravely down the street!!! I kid you not...I have never seen anything like it in my life. I yelled out at him and he took off. Called the Cops and they came and later caught up with him. It was almost comical watching him trying to push it. Question is should I press charges? I haven't filed any as of yet. What do ya'll think.
I haven't even read this thread yet. After I post, I'll go back and read...

HELL YES I'd be pressing charges and pressing them to the FULLEST EXTENT!!! Honestly, I can't believe that you're even considering NOT pressing charges. I do not understand that...

I think alot of people these days DON'T press charges- when they're able and SHOULD do so; and it's one reason our judicial system is ALL messed up!

You better believe I'd be pressing charges. I had a 7 month old $6000 4-wheeler that got stole from me one night back in 2003. It was gone a year and a half but i got it back. I had to keep paying my monthly note to keep from ruining my credit. Long story short, I never had the chance to press charges.
I strongly have absolutely NO remorse what so ever for a thief. I think once they're caught, there should be a public hanging. And yes, I'd miss work JUST to see that bastard(s) hang and it doesn't matter to me if I know them or not! (Yes, this is EXACTLY 110% how I feel about it.)

WE MUST MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THESE PEOPLE.

I live in Livingston Parish, Louisiana. I like it here and been here all my life, but there is no justice system at all. Here, Everybody gets off "Scott" free, so to speak...

I haven't even read this thread yet. After I post, I'll go back and read...

HELL YES I'd be pressing charges and pressing them to the FULLEST EXTENT!!! Honestly, I can't believe that you're even considering NOT pressing charges. I do not understand that...

I think alot of people these days DON'T press charges- when they're able and SHOULD do so; and it's one reason our judicial system is ALL messed up!

You better believe I'd be pressing charges. I had a 7 month old $6000 4-wheeler that got stole from me one night back in 2003. It was gone a year and a half but i got it back. I had to keep paying my monthly note to keep from ruining my credit. Long story short, I never had the chance to press charges.
I strongly have absolutely NO remorse what so ever for a thief. I think once they're caught, there should be a public hanging. And yes, I'd miss work JUST to see that bastard(s) hang and it doesn't matter to me if I know them or not! (Yes, this is EXACTLY 110% how I feel about it.)

WE MUST MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THESE PEOPLE.

I live in Livingston Parish, Louisiana. I like it here and been here all my life, but there is no justice system at all. Here, Everybody gets off "Scott" free, so to speak...
Your homeowner's policy didn't cover the 4 wheeler? I had a 4 wheeler and trailer stolen about 5 years ago and Farm Bureau covered it. However, it was listed as part of the farm equipment on our place. Not just personal use.

You should press charges, but I realize it probably won't go anywhere legally. The laws are there but there's no real punishment anymore. I'm afraid I would have handled it much differently, and then I would be the one in jail. I hate a thief and probably would just taken the law in my own hands.

I can't win for losing! I was working a fed housing property I have when I came around the corner of a house with edger in hand and this dude was trying to push my gravely down the street!!! I kid you not...I have never seen anything like it in my life. I yelled out at him and he took off. Called the Cops and they came and later caught up with him. It was almost comical watching him trying to push it. Question is should I press charges? I haven't filed any as of yet. What do ya'll think.
Yes. Do you have an open or enclosed trailer? Will you now change the way in which you haul your equipment? Will you lock up stuff when away from or out of site of trailer? I hear at least once a week of somebody in the lawn industry of having things stolen. I know one guy who carries a gun.

there just lucky there not in a country that removes body parts for such things and I mean machette to hand with no treatment sort of thing and hanging would be fine with me 2 there is something wrong when somebody can sue you for falling into your pool while running from the cops

So he just waited for you to walk out of sight, and then tried to steal your mower? Was he high? Good grief........... stuff like this is depressing.

Press every charge that you and your attorney can dream up. This excuse for a human being deserves a lot more than he will get, I'm sure.

that is just nuts to me lol...i mean seriously...who steals a lawnmower?...people will do anything nowdays

Not only would I press charges but he would have fallen down a few times before the police showed up. I don't know what happened officer, he fell a few times trying to get away and I just kept trying to help him to his feet.

Dave...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quick 36
Quick 36
Quick 44
Quick 44 Dually
Snapper 26" WB Robin
Snapper 26" WB Briggs
Snapper 21"

Quick 36 single Briggs and Quick 44 single for sale. Both with very low hours and stepsavers, one accelerator grass catcher available.
Glad to see another Quick series fan !! It looks like you'll be left with a Quick 36" single and a Quick 44" Dually ... eventually you'll need to get a 36" Dually also.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Kid grabbed my blower and was running down the street towards a waiting car. I ran after him yelling like a crazy man. The kid looked back as he was running and raised his arm backwards towards me like he had a gun. I stopped in my tracks and called 911. 30 minutes later the policewoman finally arrived. I got my lecture about locking my equipment. All my equipment has locks when not in use. I told her I guess I could cable lock my blower to my waist. I will start the spring out with my new handgun carry permit. Heck yes I would press charges and make time to be in court. He only stole my blower but, who knows whose home he broke into the night before.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.