Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 475 Posts
Thanks for coming out Garrett. Always nice to hear from a fan. I appreciate your reply.

Warren
Definately not a fan but nice try though. I some how wonder how someone can work so hard but have so many pictures? Hmm...fascinating. And yes there are many "fans like me"

Definately not a fan but nice try though. I some how wonder how someone can work so hard but have so many pictures? Hmm...fascinating. And yes there are many "fans like me"
lots of guys on here work there ass off yet have alot of pics, I am one of them, not as many as others, but for the jobs I get I've got alot of pics, hell, I've got tons of pics of jobs I dont even have yet.

If you would be on the other site you would know what I'm talking about. Always piping in his opinon on something that it is not needed on.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Just efficient I guess.

Now, I'm going to have to ask that you stop spamming this thread. If you want to make a comment or ask a question related to the content posted here that is fine, but the personal attacks are not welcome. I'm not sure what your problem is and I don't really care, just take your issues elsewhere.

Thanks

Warren

No problem, Im not personally attacking you but informing others to put there knee boots on because its about to get deep. Thank you there will be no more comments.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
The bi-directional Ford's are dinosaurs here, I have yet to see one even in hillbilly prairie (Chilliwack) and Ford/New Holland has some major representation there.
They are not the most popular tractors in this area either. Having said that, several of the large dairy's do own one for loading TMR's. We really like ours because of the excellent view while using the stone bucket. Also the loader can lift so much it really does make an excellent loader tractor in wide open spaces. In tight spots however it can be a bit difficult to maneuver at times.

Warren

Farmerknowsbest Welcome. You are new here we will give you the benefit of the doubt so don't worry. What was said earlier about this site eating it's own young, that's only partly true, it will eat others too:hammerhead:. I am sure you will do fine, you've made a good start. Hell I am still on probation around here;)

No one will be worried about you here because if you get too mouthy you best get your tin foil hat and asbestos underwear, or in Bobcat Ron's case Fire retardant G-String....:blob2: There will be no mercy.

Everyone keeps every one else in check here.....it's the circle of life.

Cheers:drinkup:

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Farmerknowsbest Welcome. You are new here we will give you the benefit of the doubt so don't worry. What was said earlier about this site eating it's own young, that's only partly true, it will eat others too:hammerhead:. I am sure you will do fine, you've made a good start. Hell I am still on probation around here;)

No one will be worried about you here because if you get too mouthy you best get your tin foil hat and asbestos underwear, or in Bobcat Ron's case Fire retardant G-String....:blob2: There will be no mercy.

Everyone keeps every one else in check here.....it's the circle of life.

Cheers:drinkup:
Thanks for the welcome, and that is the way it is supposed to be. Everyone keeps everyone in check. I like that.

Don't tell me Ron gets into it on here too!?!?! Poor guy, so misunderstood. :D

Now, to reward you for the nice response, here are a few of my favs from 2008.

Well that is enough for now.. You want to see more, go to the website in my sig, updated regularly with photos I take WHILE working.

Warren

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Well I'm going to post some more pics, and my OPINION on the machine in them. Hope that is ok with you Scaggyboy.

Have any of you seen a piece of equipment like this? It is a land leveler in its simplest form. It is made by Lasole Inc from Ste-Helene Quebec. They developed it with a sod farmer to quickly made a perfectly smooth seedbed with as few passes as possible. See in growing sod, you don't need 100% laser leveled fields, they just need to be smooth. This is also the case in most crops grown in north America.

We purchased a 36ft Lasole double plane with hydraulic angle adjust this summer. We rented a 36ft one the year before from a local farmer to try it out, and after the great success we had no-tilling the beans into the perfect seedbed this spring we had to buy one for our selves.

We still mold board plow almost all of our land except what is going into soybeans. As a result, the fields do get pretty rough over the decades as more and more dead furrows appear. This tool is perfect at filling those ditches left form years of plowing back in to make a smooth seedbed.

I have also heard that they are great for doing some preliminary tillage after land is cleared. We'll have to see if that is the case.

The plane in transport mode. It can be set up like this to be towed behind a pickup truck.

The hitch rest up on top and is locked on with a few pins.

The black hitch mounts on the 3pt of the tractor. 2 chains attach the beam to the hitch. By extending the hydraulic cylinder on the hitch the angle and aggressiveness of the beam can be adjusted from in the cab.

When not being pulled by a pickup truck, this is how it is towed. You lower the hitch down and pull it that way. Also this makes it really easy to hook up by yourself as it is just the 3pt you have to worry about.

Here are a few pics of it in operation

Here is a video to see how it works

Thats's pretty cool. Does it bring all those rocks up to the surface so you can pick them up? How well does it work in the real rocky fields you showed me pictures of?

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Thats's pretty cool. Does it bring all those rocks up to the surface so you can pick them up? How well does it work in the real rocky fields you showed me pictures of?
Actually quite the contrary! Because of the cascade of soil on the leading edge of the blade all of the small stones are buried, or at least pushed down to flush with the soil surface. The big stones will roll in front of the blade until the simply slide off the end sitting nicely up on top. Very simple to find and pick them after. Because all of the small stones are under or at least flush, soybeans is an excellent crop to follow with as when harvesting it the head on the combine is only about 2 inches off the ground.

Warren

Thanks for the welcome, and that is the way it is supposed to be. Everyone keeps everyone in check. I like that.

Don't tell me Ron gets into it on here too!?!?! Poor guy, so misunderstood. :D

Now, to reward you for the nice response, here are a few of my favs from 2008.

Warren
:waving:If you want to reward me you will send me Cash......I like that even better than pics....

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Well, to the astonishment of all, I found myself in our 9250 cultivating corn ground today!!! WHAAAAAAAA? It is only April 15th, it is so early!!!

It even worked up nicely. Dust was flying. Ground is cold as as a refrigerator, but it is dry! Well, no, we are not crazy, we are not working corn ground yet. It is dry enough to get back into a half taken out fence line to get it ready for planting so I needed a smooth driveway to get the dump trucks across to haul away the many loads of stones.

However, had we wanted to put in wheat, we could be rolling anytime on the tiled ground. Saw a few others out today working ground for wheat.

Warren

Some of you might recall this fenceline was taken out before the quick attach was put on and before the rake was built, so I went over a big chunk of it this afternoon to rake out the rest of the roots and stones.

Speaking of stones, there are a lot of piles to gather up tomorrow.

21 - 40 of 475 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.