Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 475 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
How much was that rake, if you don't mind? I have seen some where they have two big prongs and then a rake attaches to it to get more like your rake.
7500CAD's. It is all 2" T1 steel and designed very well. I'm extremely pleased with it. Works very well and with the 10" spacing on the teeth leaves next to nothing behind.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. Hope to see more soon.
Ok

Hi there,

I went south of Montreal this afternoon to see a friends operation. Apparently I've driven past his farm several times and didn't know it on the way to a farm we sell edible soybeans to sometimes.

He was out spreading manure with their Massey and Houle tanker so I tagged along to do some documenting.

I gotta say, that tractor does look pretty cool!

He's getting somewhere I guess

Their 4055 was on the pit pump

This is the clean side, Nick has the other side right coated with manure. HAHA Nice looking tractor.

Did some topdressing

And some incorporating

A nice looking combo

Renault tractor

Kubota

From a side road

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Hi there,

Well, rained last night so that put a halt on corn planting. What to do what to do. Well we managed, though there was a lot of standing around talking about what to do. LOL.

Nurse wagon is ready to go, sprayer is home and a few things done to it. Planters were looked over, flat tire on 8200 fixed, many parts ordered and picked up.

Well that shot the morning. Rest of the day I crawled up the road about a mile and had at a nipple sticking out into a field. Was a house there at one point, hence the stone foundation. All the rocks will be sifted this summer (when skeleton bucket is built) and hauled home to finally make a proper farm yard.

Tomorrow when I feel like it will probably dig a drainage ditch in another field to get rid of a pond that has formed over about 3/4 of it. Might dig out a few bolders in the field around the grain elevator too. We'll see. Might sleep instead. HAHA.

Pic?

Oh yea, new camera.

Panasonic DMC-ZS3.

8200 with flat tire on dual

Fixing a few things on cultivator

Pretty flowers. They are gone now, but will always be remembered

I find that about every hour I have to get out of the hoe and walk around or else I get very restless in the cab and begin making errors. Also helps to get a different view of what you are doing to gauge what is left.

Someone once lived there!

Holy crap, SUN!!!

All done

Discussion starter · #77 ·
That thumb would drive me nuts after a minute, always having the stick all the way out to make it grab something close to the ground. Any plans for a hydraulic upgrade?
Hi Ron.

Well with the rake, the way the teeth curl you can pick something up pretty well anywhere except right up close. With the bucket however it is a different story.

I really want a hydraulic thumb, it would be great, most of the time I don't actually need a thumb with the rake we have, it is designed really well. However having the ability to swing it out of the way when not needed and where you need it when you need it is very appealing.

This machine has the valvue for aux hydraulics but doesn't have the pipes. We looked into it, would be about 15k to add a hydraulic thumb to the machine by the time it is all said and done. Of course it wouldn't stop there, I'd be wanting a tilting cleanup bucket and a rotary mower. HEHE It is something I want, but there are other things on the farm I want more. :D Newer sprayer for one.

Warren

Discussion starter · #80 ·
Those thumb packages aren't cheap, hell even a simple bucket's price tags are too high.
I hear that, well, you can buy a cheap bucket, but then you'll be buying another cheap bucket in 2 years when that bucket fails.

I'm pricing out a skeleton bucket right now. Be interesting to see what a bucket full of holes is worth. HAHA.

Warren

61 - 80 of 475 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.