1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

cell phone towers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NLS, Mar 9, 2003.

1. NLS

NLS LawnSite Member

I have a couple of friends that have maintained the grounds for different cell phone companies. They both lucked into them. I drove around today and got four different phone numbers for different companies. My question is that how do i go about getting the right person's name to speak with about their contracts for the grounds maintenance. I have tried one number but they gave me the run around because the operator had no idea what I was talking about. Can anyone help me?

2. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

You need to keep in mind that these people don't know you from a sack of @#$%. Don't give up but choose your battles. I, personally, would not go after cell towers, but I am not you. Think about it they are spread out, they are small, they are simple(cut, probably weed eat) so hhhhmmmmm that means they are not going to spend$$, and they are a big company so hhhmmmm they are on a budget etc, etc, etc I hope this sheds some light. Good luck

3. NLS

NLS LawnSite Member

ONE OF THE CONTRACTS I KNOW THAT IT WAS GOING FOR ABOUT $60 PER HOUR AND THIS INCLUDES THE DRIVING TIMES FOR ABOUT 70 CELL TOWERS. EASY MONEY AND IT IS ONLY ONE CUT PER MONTH

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

NLS,

I know what you're saying. I knew a guy that was doing TV station towers. Nice pay, from what he told me.

My Father is having a tower put up on his land. $$$$!!!!
    If they have that kind of money, I know they have enough to have the grass mowed. They are going to start the tower some time this month. I'll see if I can get some connections. If I get the towers in this area, I'll let you know where to go.

5. NLS

NLS LawnSite Member

GOOD LUCK ON GETTING YOUR CONNECTION. HOPEFULLY IT WILL PAN OUT FOR YOU. LET ME KNOW THE OUTCOME. THANKS AGAIN.

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry I don’t have any leads for you other then to suggest that you talk with your friends on this issue. I would say this would have to be quite harsh on the equipment. Let us know what you find out.

Gravely_Man

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the landscaping & snow removal at T-Mobiles great lakes corporate office and they are a great company to deal with. Got approached a few years back about cleaning up about 45 cell towers in SE Michigan and it was a mess. They wanted a set price for all of them, they gave me the locations of about 5 of them and they ranged from not to bad (some over-growth, nothing a good trimmer and some round-up couldn't handle) to really bad( dense under brush, lots of chainsaw work and probably 2-3 days labor)...i declined to bid b/c i couldn't see making a bid on the all the properties when they were only willing to give me 5 locations and at the time in mid-season there would have been no way i could have handled them. but as far as cell company's in general they are very great customers

8. Tony12

Tony12 LawnSite Member

CONTACT/ ASK FOR THE PROPERTY DEPARTMENT FOR THE COMPANY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLACING A BID WITH.