1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

cemetery bid...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by schunklawn, May 11, 2008.

1. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

i am putting in a bid for a cemetery that has 63,000 sq. ft. of head stone area, a 70,000 sq. ft. ball park area and the school and church combined is about 25,000 sq. ft. of cutting irregular pieces of grass. i am going to put my estimate in at $325 per cut. I am wondering what you would price this at. I have very little experience with cemeteries so any responses would be greatly appreciated. I figure it will take two guys about 5 hours to complete all the mowing, trimming and blowing. thanks again

No Bunk Lawn Care & Landscaping:usflag:

2. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

i guess not too many people here cut with the dead.....lol not a big deal just wanted to see if i was close to other guys bids based off the dimensions i posted above...

No Bunk

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

fwiw we have a 1 acre cemetery on campus, with about 400 stones. takes 3-4 man hours to cut. thats using a 52 scag ztr so just on the cemetery alone you are looking at 5 hours or about $250 per cut.

plus you have another 2-3 hours of cutting trimming the non cemetery area, for another $150 ...

4. mowingpreacherman

mowingpreacherman LawnSite Member

I would bid at $1300/month. How des that sound?:laugh:

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you cheated by looking at his other thread....but I wonder how many cuts they a re getting for that 1300? and for how many months?

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

7. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

i do a cemetary that is 19.5 acres.... almost all with head stones. we have to trim half a week, but it still takes 15 hrs to mow and about 8 hrs to trim on a good week with the turf tiger running strong. with 2 walk behinds mowing takes about 25 hrs. just so u can get an idea, i would go up on your price a little bit

8. mowingpreacherman

mowingpreacherman LawnSite Member

I'm a cheater...
    ...cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater!:cry:

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

with 2 men it may take longer because that is alot of trimming