Cemetery

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Danielslawnservice, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just wanting to know how many of you guys cut a cemetery. what type of equipment do u use.

I use 2 Shindawa trimmers, 2 Echo Hand-held blower and 2 Bobcat Ztrs

thanks
    Dan

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

32 & 36 Wright standers with block of plates and mulch blades. Keeps grass off headstones , 60 inch ZTR. Backpack Blowers were needed. Lots of Line trimmers.

3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Never mowed a cemetary, but just a thought. Would one of those trimmers from Peco that mount on the side of the mower work there? I've never used one, but I think I would definitely give it a shot.

4. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Dan, what model trimmers do you use? We have a good size cemetery (7,000+ headstones) that buys Shindaiwa from us, but they only use curved shaft trimmers. Which limits them to the HomePro series (22F, then F195s, this year F222). They really like the trimmers, but we've been trying to get them to use straight-shaft trimmers because they'd last longer, but they're stubborn about keeping the curved shafts. They like 'em because the guys don't have to walk around the headstones, the curved shaft gives the necessary clearance to cut around all sides, while standing in one place.

As far as mowers they have a couple Dixie Choppers, and Snapper walk-behinds. Shindaiwa blowers & trimmers.

5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I use a 46 exmark a couple of trimmers and a helper when I can get one to show up

6. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I use a 46 exmark a couple of trimmers and a helper when I can get one to show up

7. Danielslawnservice

K/B
    I'll get back to you on the model I'm usually on the ztr soo i don't look at the trimmers all day... they are straight shafted. I didn't think about that curved shaft would take less time and time is money so that's why they are using them.

8. Danielslawnservice

we had a a storm last year took out 4 trees it was a "Precise drop" i was busy after that...
    lol for all the limbs that we had only 2 tombstones were damaged....

9. GreenSouth Landscapes

GreenSouth Landscapes LawnSite Member

this has nothing to do with equipment but for you guys that do cemetary work, how much do you charge? There is a local cemetary here that i heard through the grapevine pays almost $150,000 annually to keep up the grounds. It is a very very large cemetary though.

10. Danielslawnservice

whats the address i'll google earth it.....
    the one i do is St. Peter Lutheran Church Schaumburg IL
    and i can do it by myself in a day if i start at 8AM and go till about 4PM w/ an hour lunch but w/ 2-3 people it's very easy.....
    if i do it myself it's like a good $100 i think i'll get more this year cause it wasn't worth 100
    dan