Centipede Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by G Archer, Mar 21, 2010.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Grass in as close to its natural element as possible and not being made to do what it cannot do naturally is almost always lower maintenance, but still attractive. When I see Centipede growing that well, that means a moist soil that is acid enough and not salt contaminated.

2. MSlawnman

MSlawnman LawnSite Member

Greendoctor: I've held on to this reply and wanted to reply that I just got my nematode test results back. I have root knot, spiral and ring nematodes. The report said that the numbers were below what was economically significant so no treatment was recommended. I have no idea what that means.

I'm still waiting on the results for the fungal test I sent in at the same time.

As you know, I've been using various fungicides and Nimitz-pro to battle my problems. I wonder if, based on the results so far, if I should switch to Exteris. Will that product combine the various fungicides and nematocide into one simpler, easier program of both treatment and preventative?

Thank you again for all of your help so far on this.

hort101 likes this.