Lawn Care Forum banner

Central Controls

7K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  HokieAg07 
#1 ·
I am looking to install a central control type system for the lake pump type system here at my house and I need a little guidance on what products that you would recommend. The controller is approximately 100 ft away, so wireless would be nice, however I am open to new options. I want to be able to adjust it from either a computer or my iphone.

What do you guys recommend as products and pros/cons?

Thanks

#9 · (Edited)
Perhaps it is, but as a trade off you aren't in the f'n cloud.
Prolly true, I was never able to financially pull it off. The clients, when approached with the idea of Central, said, since the RM will operate as a stand-alone, they'd rather pay me and the crew to monitor and adjust the systems. We did plug in Central from one of my sites to my the shop with the RM rep, I almost wet my pants how cool that was.

#10 ·
Prolly true, I was never able to financially pull it off.
Yea dad, you cheap SOB. ;)

The clients, when approached with the idea of Central, said, since the RM will operate as a stand-alone, they'd rather pay me and the crew to monitor and adjust the systems. We did plug in Central from one of my sites to the shop with the RM rep, I almost wet my pants how cool that was.
You could always write your own software. :clapping:

#14 ·
Guys, please give me some grace. I hate throwing my 2 cents in when it comes to endorsing products in this forum, so I do this only in hopes it might help someone with a tight budget or to help you guys sell a job based on the following. The Hunter IMMS Central Control Software can be obtained for free as a "demo" disc. It is fully functional for one, and only one, controller. The minute you need to fire up two or more controllers you need to buy the software. However, it lets someone who wants all the bells and whistles for his own home or estate take advantage of the software for free. The caveat (you knew this was coming) is that you do need to buy the manufacturer's controller and associated communications hardware to fire this critter up. With demo software you are limited to LAN/Ethernet, Phone Modem, Hardwire, or GPRS Cell COM Modules. UHF radio would require a second controller, used as a hub, for radio communications and necessitate the purchase of the full version software. Hope this helps. Thanks guys. Always interesting and informative.

#15 ·
Guys, please give me some grace. I hate throwing my 2 cents in when it comes to endorsing products in this forum, so I do this only in hopes it might help someone with a tight budget or to help you guys sell a job based on the following. The Hunter IMMS Central Control Software can be obtained for free as a "demo" disc. It is fully functional for one, and only one, controller. The minute you need to fire up two or more controllers you need to buy the software. However, it lets someone who wants all the bells and whistles for his own home or estate take advantage of the software for free. The caveat (you knew this was coming) is that you do need to buy the manufacturer's controller and associated communications hardware to fire this critter up. With demo software you are limited to LAN/Ethernet, Phone Modem, Hardwire, or GPRS Cell COM Modules. UHF radio would require a second controller, used as a hub, for radio communications and necessitate the purchase of the full version software. Hope this helps. Thanks guys. Always interesting and informative.
We run Rainbird IQ, ET Water and Tucor systems, but have yet to try the IMMS system. I guess I am a little hesitant to try due to all the rumors about Hunter coming out with a new system. Can you share any information or elaborate a little on this?

THX

#16 · (Edited)
I almost wet my pants how cool that was.
Could I keep temp-tennants from turning OFF the water bill? Ethics, Yes, Oh!, and keep them from un-plugging it? :)

Can multiple-systems be operated from my PC?
And I can control the systems operation year-round without scheduling a garage door opening?
How far?

Sorry so many questions, I will wet my pants too, if it does this magic.

Ten Thousand?
Well how do you get it?

#18 ·
I have started using a controller made by Aqua Management. No software to buy. Everything is online so it can be controlled by cell phone, tablet, or pc. It has flow sensing and weather station capabilities. I have put in 30 or so this year and so far they are working well.
Posted via Mobile Device

#20 ·
Hunter is a good option.
RB okay.
ET Water
Weathermatic
Signature has a nice homeowner model, computer controlled.
RainMaster
Calsense

All options, in no particular order. RM and Calsense a pretty penny, some of the others, still a good penny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.