1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

CFO Okay's Purchase

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dbear, May 15, 2007.

1. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

As the title implies, I got the okay from the CFO to buy a new mower, and even more surprisingly, pretty much any mower I want.

Current mower is down waiting on a back-ordered part (something increasingly more likely to happen since it's a 15-20 year old 3-wheeler). Problem is the grass just won't stop growing. I presently maintain about 3 acres between two properties, mine and my MIL.

Right now, the clear front runner for feature, specs, dealer support, availability, price, trade-in value, and financing is a brand new DC LT2700-60. First question: Any reason not to buy this model?

Also, I'm seriously considering a Vortex collection system to assist in spring/fall clean-ups (lots of adult trees). Two more questions: Does the dump-from-seat hopper style fit the LT? Anyone have one to comment on performance?

Thanks...

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Saw your lonely post and thought I'd chime in. I'm guessing the "DC" is a Dixie Chopper. There just don't seem to be many folks here on lawnsite that run them. They're fine machines, I'm sure, but just not too popular here on lawnsite.:)

3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

you must have been a very good boy! LOL

4. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, well I try to be!

Just as an update, I bought the DC LT2700-60D. Picked it up yesterday and prompty hit the lawn as soon as I got her home. Wow, what a machine! Yeah I had to go slow in places, but it just kept gobbling up that grass.

My yard was a mess. I hadn't been able to mow it at all this season due the status of my old mower. Anybody wanna help me rake?

5. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds like a Texas deal: El Paso