Chain Saw

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
What are you using it for? Cordwood or limbing? Use it daily or will it sit on the shelf for months at a time?

My saw, it doesnt get much use but when I do need it it fires right up and gets the job done-Husky 41 a good all-purpose saw but its kinda small for cutting large quantities of firewood. Stihl, IMO, makes the best saw. My next one will be a stihl 028 or whatever equivalent is around when the time comes.

If you are using a saw for limbing get one with a top handle so you can use it one-handed.

BCLawncare

LawnSite Member
Lawman, I suggest you look at stihl . I have used them for almost 20 years cutting timber. Stihl saws will run the same when it`s 100 degrees in the shade or -10 below .i dont know what you will be using a saw for but I can get 2 years out of a 066 that`s roughly 3 million feet of timber or 850 tractor trailer loads of logs.most guys that used to run husky saws that I know of now run stihls .good luck with your choice.

awm

LawnSite Gold Member
If you decide to look at lowes
be careful.Ithink they might be purposely
misleading. look closely at the specs.
If you want your best chance at a
trouble free saw STIHL AND HUSKYS
HAVE THE REPUTATION

Cutter1

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a husky. I don't use it too often so its plenty for what I need. Its been very good too me and starts all the time. IMO Husky or stihl!!

Eric E.

LawnSite Member
If you are using a saw for limbing get one with a top handle so you can use it one-handed.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! One handed chain saw use is never recommened by the manufacturer. Look up the ANSI Z-133 Safety Requirements for Pruning, Trimming, Repairing, Maintaning, and Removing Trees, and Cutting Brush. These are the standards that OSHA will use against you.

Duncan IN

LawnSite Member
How do the echos hold up? Just wondering?

Levi Duncan