Chamberbitter control in fescue. Any clue?

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
Gallery is the only preemergent I know of but it’s expensive.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
Three-way such as triplet, vessell. Dicamba will work. Use a sticker and be careful of the rate in cool season. It knocks it out in cool and warm season turf. That's been my experience. I used it recently to knock out a huge area that had popped up out of nowhere since the last round. Im pretty sure I yellowed the desired turf (Bermuda) as well but it is what it is. I was as careful as could be and it's gone now but yeah at 95+ degrees I got some turf burn. But it was the only thing I knew post emergent that I could use.

windflower

LawnSite Bronze Member
Three-way such as triplet, vessell. Dicamba will work. Use a sticker and be careful of the rate in cool season. It knocks it out in cool and warm season turf. That's been my experience. I used it recently to knock out a huge area that had popped up out of nowhere since the last round. Im pretty sure I yellowed the desired turf (Bermuda) as well but it is what it is. I was as careful as could be and it's gone now but yeah at 95+ degrees I got some turf burn. But it was the only thing I knew post emergent that I could use.
Celcius will control it in warm season turf.

Mr.Roberts

LawnSite Member
Blindside. It’ll also control the wild violets. Yes, there is a safe label rate for it on fescue.
It’s about to frost out. Usually chamberbitter bleeds out of the mulch and pine straw beds.