1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Changing Blades Mini Fastrack 36

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ebpd49, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ebpd49

ebpd49 LawnSite Member

Looking for some easy and safe way to change blades and clean under the deck of a Mini Fastrack 36. I was going to use a Jungle Jim but the dealer said not to place it in the center of the frame. They suggested using a floor jack with stands. Any other way that works well? Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I use a floor jack and stands, quick and easy.

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I highly recommend picking up a blade breaker and a balancer. I got the blade breaker from Lowes for about $9.00 and the plastic balancer was about $3.00. Yeah, I know, I know... it's plastic and I'm probably going to catch some grief around here, but for my residential mower it get me close enough.

I was using a 2x4 to hold the blade but after the second "slip" I thought the $9.00 investment was a very good one.

4. 46mack

46mack LawnSite Member

the blade lock from the hustler dealer is #381442. a nail on the workbench is about as good as a three doller balancer, but i can't aford $100 for a commercial one. i use an impact wrench to get them off and an accurate torque wrench to put blades on. to lift the front end up , i put an eye bolt on the garage door header and use a cheap come along that i had in my shop. block the rear wheels and nothing blocks the deck from getting underneath.:clapping: