1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Changing name opinions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by oceanpotion, Aug 14, 2007.

1. oceanpotion

oceanpotion LawnSite Member

Hey guys I keep having doubts about my name. My current name is TropiClean Lawn & Landscape. I originally picked the name TropiClean because I planned on having pressure cleaning and possibly pool cleaning services. Anyways, I'm having doubts about the name TropiClean everyone tells me, "its ok" and to keep it but I still think it sounds a little unprofessional. I only have about a dozen accounts and I havent made my shirts or truck magnets yet so now is good time to do it. Honestly, what do you guys think of the name TropiClean Lawn & Landscape?

2. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

If you still plan on doing pressure washing and pool cleaning services, I don't see why you can't keep the name. Who tells you it's "ok"? Isn't it your business? My business is simply called "Lohse's Lawn Service." As I expand, I will probably change it.

I've seen all sorts of names on this site. One that immediately sticks out is "Two Clowns Mowing." That is a name that you WON'T forget. That's the important thing. I'm sure they provide quality work, and that's what it's all about. Like the hokey pokey.

With that being said, choose a name (or keep the one you have) that makes you the happiest. Good luck to you.