changing oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rmartin, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. rmartin

    rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass
    Messages: 204

    is there a product available to make changing my oil in my WB easier. This is the worst thing to do. I know there are drain plugs available for autos that consists of a valve and hose. Do they make them for mowers too??????????
  2. KenH

    KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT
    Messages: 1,622

    What exactly is the problem?? I have a shallow pan I put under the mower.

    They do have syphon bulbs where you can suck the oil out of the dipstick holder.
  3. rmartin

    rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass
    Messages: 204

    the issue is that the oil plug is directley above the mower frame. It is a PITA because the oil gets all over everything. I know they make a drain plug that has a fitting for a hose so you can direct the oil away from the mower...but i can only find it for a vehicle.
  4. Samwise

    Samwise LawnSite Member
    Messages: 7 has what you are looking for. Part number is PT-6783. Cost is $6.95, well worth the cost in my opinion.
  5. DFW Area Landscaper

    DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX
    Messages: 2,116

    Use a hose to run to the drain pan. That's what I do.

    changing oil.jpg
  6. broken leg

    broken leg LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 285

    I don't drain my oil I suck it out with a pump know fuss know muss. There are allot of different pumps on the market to do this with. I have not drained oil in years.
  7. jpmako

    jpmako LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 593

  8. Lawnboy112

    Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 89

    I just drain it any old way. I just do it, and if it gets all over the place, just clean it up. Just my two cents.
  9. C & T

    C & T LawnSite Member
    Messages: 145

  10. trimmerhead

    trimmerhead LawnSite Member
    Messages: 53

    get a pump...i love mine

Share This Page