1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

charge 3x materials????????

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawn Tek, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Please guys help me out I have posted several places the question of charging a couple of commercial accounts 3x materials. They need fall color and how in all honesty can I charge them $12 for a $4 mum and keep them as customers next year. It would be a one drop stop deal at both places and doesn't quanity count anymore. They need about 150, I know I expect a deal when ordering by the quanity. Me Blonde Me Shop Sams. All kidding aside, please can you help us out, I need to know something Tues. Thanks for your time. Have a Blessed week.:angel: Tara' T. Stinnett (Ms. Tek) Hey Nashville sweetie's see ya in St. Louis!!!

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

$12.00 for a $4.00 mum, installed? Sounds like a deal to me.

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Will you get a quantity discount? If not, try another supplier, if you want to offer a discount.
    Crawdad

4. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

hey Crawdad, great name!! The lowest is $3 per 1 gallon mum. We have been blessed so much during these past two years and I feel 3x materials is too much . We live in western Ky. and sometimes prices in bigger cities are way to spendy around here. Although I know we are a wonderful asset to the lawn care/ landscaping business simply because we put the Customer first, I feel that bigger commercial accounts can cover the cost of dependable lawn care effectivally, however I still believe 3x materials is a little to much. if I get a deal, I should pass it on.thanks again Crawdad!!! :angel:

5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

How about 2.5X ? Does that make you feel better? You could trya different approach Just mark up the materials 25% and then bill it out my the man hr. at whatever your rate may be. Good Luck:blob3:

6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

How about 2.5X ? Does that make you feel better? You could trya different approach Just mark up the materials 25% and then bill it out my the man hr. at whatever your rate may be. Good Luck:blob3:

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

3 x zero is still zero.

Final profit factoring in everything is the the only way to sail.