1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

charge cards that have paybacks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ant, Dec 6, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

sometime ago there was a ford card that gave you points on your charges that went to monies off a ford product.

discover gives you a cash kick back also.

thats what kind of card i am looking for.. i charge about 25,000 per yr. on my business card. and looking for a kick back..

do you guys use a c/c that gives you a kick back?
    anthony

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend told me his gas card has something like that. With all the gas I buy, I need to check into that for next year.
    Crawdad

3. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I use Cabela's , my wife has a cow when I spend money on hunting items. Now I am able to get hunting toys for almost free.
    Check around there are alot of offers out there. I use Cabela's because I hunt and am trying to get myself outfitted with hunting gear.
    Advice check around.
    Bluemoon

4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

The big thing up here is Air Miles .... just like it says... you cash them in for free flights.

Wanted to add .... these cards usually have a higher interest rate .. but they are great if you pay your full bill as it comes in.

5. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

american express business card, membership mileage:blob1:

6. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

gm card, is a visa i think. but they are reducing the bonus points you can earn.

and when i last checked not good on a commercial purchase.

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

My limit on GM Mastercard is $500 a year I hit this in June and switch to Discover for the second half of year. Two years ago I got $1000 off Chevy truck purchase for business.

8. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

so fari have gotten 4000 off my new trucks with a gm card......it is great. free money as far as i am concerned. i am not a big cc user....but i try to use is when i can. love the damn thing
    mike

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

found one: citi bank you get up to 1% back up to $300.00/ yr.max. 1-800-657-4032

any of you guys have any offers?
    how does discover card work?

ant

10. TedsLawnScaping

TedsLawnScaping LawnSite Member

Like bluemoon said, Cabelas has a good system, I think it's 1% of purchases from anywhere on the card and 2% of purchases from them. This all adds up to put towards cabelas purchases. WELL WORTH IT for clothes, boots, hunting goodies, truck stuff...