1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Charge for 15 flats

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rockandroller, Apr 30, 2007.

1. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

I am still hung up on my pricing for installing flats. Do you'll do it by the flat? x amount per, or hourly. I don't like hourly on these because I can really get them in, but it is labor intensive popping in 540 little plants. Thanks for your suggestions..

2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I say $30 to $35 per flat installed. Not including clean-up. Oooh, I guess I also need to know how much you are paying per flat. I pay $7.95 for 32 cup flats, but I buy in bulk.

3. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah , you gotta charge a per flat price , which also includes topsoil and mulch .

4. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

$35/flat w/mulch. I use two cordless drills with auger bits to put mine in. Really is a time saver.

5. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

What in the heck are you planting in:confused: ? I use garden soil, miracle grow to be exact, and its just a easy move of the soil, and its done.

6. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

When I plant just a few flats I use that method, but anything over 10 flats in one area I use the bit from Lowes and don't add any soil. One of my properties takes 100 flats and that would be a lot of soil, one guy drills the holes and the other plants, just as simple as your method, but with less materials eating into the profit.