• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Charge more for winter cuts?

Outdoor Service

LawnSite Member
Do any of yall charge more for winter cuts where you have to bag the leaves? I haven't done that to my usual customers but I have started doing it to irregular or one timers due to cost of bags and time.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Welcome to Lawnsite Joe Mow...
Yes, of course you should charge more, I do.
Now, stick around and interact with your piers...

o-so-n-so

LawnSite Bronze Member
I charge out the ying yang for one time leafers. All because they are trying to save a buck at my expense. I then try to sell them on a leaf contract. Cut them a small deal on the cost....give them 3 to 4 service option (this way i can schedule the work dates to my advantage)...collect 1/2 after first service and the balance at job completion. Works well for me.

I almost called my company "Outdoor Services" years ago.

OP
O

Outdoor Service

LawnSite Member
I try to keep my prices in line with everybody else around here so I'm not screwing all of us out of money. I just wasn't sure about the additional charge for leaves. I usually don't charge my regulars over regular cut cost unless they wait forever to get their leaves bagged. I'm running a Scag tiger cub that runs 3 39 gallon bags at a time, i'll usually not worry about it unless i run more than 6 bags (2 dumps).

I appreciate the advise, I always try to listen to those that have been around longer than I have, then I can learn from their mistakes instaed of just mine.