Lawn Care Forum banner

charge pump kubota

8K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  themowerman 
#1 ·
well the kubota's not runnign so good.

the pto is shutting off when i raise the deck. also deck is slow to raise.

dealer told me, hopfully that's all thats wrong with it is the charge pump which is located on the front of the tranny.

it is driving fine.

can anyone add anything to this. or anyone else have similar problems?

#6 ·
bump.

i would really like to see if anyone knows anything about this before i start tearing stuff apart.

the dealer doesn't want to order me any parts till i take off the charge pump and see if i can see what's wrong.

is it the charge pump? the plate that it butts up against? or a sticky valve or something?

#9 ·
I had a a similar problem with my ZD 21. What year and model Kubota do you have?

#10 ·
I had a a similar problem with my ZD 21. What year and model Kubota do you have?
zd18 2002 almost 800 hrs.

the zd18 and zd21 use the same hydro system.

what were your symptoms and what was the problem.

#11 ·
I had one of the early model ZD 21's, '01-'02, and according to my Dealer they were defective from Kubota. (I'm not sure Kubota would admit to this though) Mine had the same problem, deck would not raise properly and mower was not running smoothly or slipping, especially when raising the deck. I finally returned it to the dealer and they "rebuilt" it there. Within a month, it was doing all the same things again and finally I lost the drive on one side completely. I bought this tractor new and it had about 1000 hrs. use. Not happy, I tracked down the Kubota rep from my area, he looked it over at the Dealer where I bought it, and approved of a complete transmission replacement. I used it 1 more season with the new trans. and can you believe, it started slipping again. I sold it this past March. I always used Kubota brand filters and oil, changing at the recommended intervals too. I've had other Kubota's without problems. I hope their new Z is better. Call Kubota to get the rep's name in your area. Without approval they won't fix anything. You are technically out of warranty, but since Kubota had so many ZD's with this problem, they may still warranty your tractor considering the hours. If you are in the mid-atlantic area, I have the Kubota reps name and number, I can pm to you. Good Luck

#13 ·
I had one of the early model ZD 21's, '01-'02, and according to my Dealer they were defective from Kubota. (I'm not sure Kubota would admit to this though) Mine had the same problem, deck would not raise properly and mower was not running smoothly or slipping, especially when raising the deck. I finally returned it to the dealer and they "rebuilt" it there. Within a month, it was doing all the same things again and finally I lost the drive on one side completely. I bought this tractor new and it had about 1000 hrs. use. Not happy, I tracked down the Kubota rep from my area, he looked it over at the Dealer where I bought it, and approved of a complete transmission replacement. I used it 1 more season with the new trans. and can you believe, it started slipping again. I sold it this past March. I always used Kubota brand filters and oil, changing at the recommended intervals too. I've had other Kubota's without problems. I hope their new Z is better. Call Kubota to get the rep's name in your area. Without approval they won't fix anything. You are technically out of warranty, but since Kubota had so many ZD's with this problem, they may still warranty your tractor considering the hours. If you are in the mid-atlantic area, I have the Kubota reps name and number, I can pm to you. Good Luck
boy this does not sound like good news!

yes i could use that #. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.