Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
I'd say $350. Don't cheat yourself, I look at that picture and think to myself that the homeowner would be laughing to himself that he could get someone to do it for under $200. That being said, if you were doing a quick touch up it would obviously be less. Was that the case, or was it overgrown and in need of a good trim?

· Registered
102 Posts
Seems like a small job to be even asking for prices. A hour job? How long have you been running your company. You have an employee on salary so I would imagine that you are an established company. Idk doesn’t add up to me. Very very small job. No special tools needed. Not even a ladder needed. So no danger at all. One of the easiest jobs to price. 2 hr labor times 2 and whatever you think you and your guy is worth. And if it is a per trim job I would still be able to see that is a maybe a two hour job. It’s super small job!!!!!

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Seems like a small job to be even asking for prices. A hour job? How long have you been running your company. You have an employee on salary so I would imagine that you are an established company. Idk doesn’t add up to me. Very very small job. No special tools needed. Not even a ladder needed. So no danger at all. One of the easiest jobs to price. 2 hr labor times 2 and whatever you think you and your guy is worth. And if it is a per trim job I would still be able to see that is a maybe a two hour job. It’s super small job!!!!!

Nothing wrong with asking for help. Ive been doing this for 23 years and my old boss and I still bounce prices off each other and he has been doing it for 40.

· Registered
64,544 Posts
I'm blown away that this was completed in 1 labor hour. Looks much larger than that. Even if it's just a "touch up" we'd be $200 and would be ok if it took 2 labor hours. Full on trimming would be $600. It's very tough to tell hedges by pictures. Just had a guy send us like 4 pictures of his hedges but one of us will be looking in person next week before quoting the job.

· Registered
15,171 Posts
I'm blown away that this was completed in 1 labor hour. Looks much larger than that. Even if it's just a "touch up" we'd be $200 and would be ok if it took 2 labor hours. Full on trimming would be $600. It's very tough to tell hedges by pictures. Just had a guy send us like 4 pictures of his hedges but one of us will be looking in person next week before quoting the job.
Font Bird Gas Poster Event

Low-ball opportunity detected...

· Registered
7 Posts
All hedges should be included in your monthly to always have a polished appearance its way easer for you to nip and blow under . Bump your monthly and don't cheat yourself , it is a direct reflection of your company .

· Registered
4 Posts
Other things were taken care of also, but I had a younger guy on this. He cut the hedge in about 30-40 mins. Then I'd say we spent about 20 mins cleaning that up, along with leaves under and around the hedge.
Curious about the cleanup. Was it just blowing clippings and leaves away? Or was it actually cleaned up and removed from the site? Thank you.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts