Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I get $35-$40 per hr. for shrub trimming, plus a disposal fee. Echo HC150's are an excellent hedge trimmer. Do a search too, this topic has been discussed numerous times.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I agree - I like the Echo HR1500 too - I also have a couple of pair of the HR1600 which tend to prefer a little more. The blade is longer and gives a little better cut/easier. If you're in it for the long run, buy yourself a pair of the extended reach trimmers. We've got an Echo that's a component power pak - with the hedge trimmers (extended 6ft reach) - got them for a steal - near brand new at a pawn shop for $75 - (new they're about $350-400!)! Anyway - those trimmers are great and will make you A LOT of money - because you'll be able to get the jobs that everyone else needs ladders and scaffolds for. Much worth the Money! Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My friend used to barrow my hedge trimmers. He finally bought a pair of Tanaka's for himself. I tried them out and they seem pretty decent. I still prefer the Echo's.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Originally posted by B&B LAWN
about how much do the echo hc150 run?
$240 from Alamia, delivery included.

Mike

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
just bought this last week, used it few times and its great so far. i love it.
was a little pricey though, $380
how do you like the single edge cut?

it seems like you'd have to work 2x as hard cause you can only cut one way, as with a double blade you can cut back and forth.

I just bought a Shindaiwa 22DH for $280 and it's been good so far. done about 30 hedges with it. I need to get a few more in before i'll really decide if i like it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by BSDeality
how do you like the single edge cut?

it seems like you'd have to work 2x as hard cause you can only cut one way, as with a double blade you can cut back and forth.

I just bought a Shindaiwa 22DH for $280 and it's been good so far. done about 30 hedges with it. I need to get a few more in before i'll really decide if i like it.
the single edge doesnt bother me at all, ive always used little wonder electric hedge trimmers (this is my first gas trimmer other then my stihl pole preuner) so im used to the single blade.besides for me i usually just start at one end and work my way down so i just keep cutting in the same direction and moving along down the shrub.

·
Former Moderator
6,065 Posts
I agree with BS Deality.
Say you have a hedge 300 ft long. You start at the right working your way to the left, as you are trimming with your one-sided hedge trimmer you are forced to trim in one direction. So when the hedge is not laying right when you are cutting it, you have to walk to the other side and go the opposite direction. Seems like a waste of time. 75% of the hedges I cut, I have to swing my trimmers both ways. To each his own.

Matt

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
I agree with BS Deality.
Say you have a hedge 300 ft long. You start at the right working your way to the left, as you are trimming with your one-sided hedge trimmer you are forced to trim in one direction. So when the hedge is not laying right when you are cutting it, you have to walk to the other side and go the opposite direction. Seems like a waste of time. 75% of the hedges I cut, I have to swing my trimmers both ways. To each his own.

Matt
what do you mean if the hedge is not laying right u have to walk to the other side and go in the oppisite direction?????

if the hedge is 300ft long, on single sided hedge trimmers the blades are on the left side.so......... i start at the left side and work right as i start at the bottom of the hedge i make an upward cut to the top. , u get to the end of the 300ft and circle to the other side and continue working the same way.to do the top i work from right to left making leftward swings with the trimmer.
i dont think its anymore work then a double sided trimmer but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like u said to each his own.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Would it be an OK move to buy one of those attachments that goes on the end of your trimmer, to use as your main trimmer? I don`t do shurbs, but I have customers who have asked me if I would, and my mom has alot of boxwoods that she prunes into balls , I thought an attachment would be handy for my FS 55, it would only be used 2 or 3 times a month. Nothin serious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by EJK2352
I get $35-$40 per hr. for shrub trimming, plus a disposal fee. Echo HC150's are an excellent hedge trimmer. Do a search too, this topic has been discussed numerous times.
Dam thats cheap I'll sub you out some jobs if you come to NJ. Try more like $150 per hour

·
Registered
401 Posts
i charge $60 per hr.. if it's just me.. if someone else is there then the price is $80

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by turfmower
Dam thats cheap I'll sub you out some jobs if you come to NJ. Try more like $150 per hour
Geez' you get $150 for shrubs??? bobbygedd gets $24 per k for lawn apps.:rolleyes: Guess it's time to make my move to Jersey. I wonder if the cost of living is 4x what it is here in Ohio, cause you guy's income is 4-6x what I'm making here??????????????

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.