Charlotte, NC - Looking to buy a dump trailer in Charlotte

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by jlbf0786, Aug 5, 2018.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

If anyone near Charlotte has a dump trailer they're looking to sell let me know.

10 to 14' long

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

Used dump trailers generally sell for 1/2 to 3/4 of a new trailer . Sure you are " saving " money . Until you realize you need 4 tires $ 500 , new brakes and drums $ 600 , maybe a spring and shackles $ 150 . Probably needs paint and has some rust $150 . Now nobody ever overloads a dump trailer so look for a bent axle . This doesnt include your time or someone elses labor to do the repairs . A new pump is $300 bucks.

So you get a dump trailer for $ 3000 , you may find a great deal and thats it . Or you get a $3000 used dump trailer and have to dump $1500 into it and a week of your time . Thats $4500 . But you can get a NEW one for $ 5000 and up . And its exactly what you want .

hort101 likes this.
  3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Jairus, try pricing one from red hot welding in rock hill sc.

That's where we got our new one from and have since bought a couple landscape trailers from them. Same quality if not better then the national companies and cheaper or at least more affordable. I agree with Mdirrigation I sold my trailer for $800 less then what I bought it for in 2003! Partly because of general inflation etc... but you get the point his comments are valid.

You WONT regret buying new. It's a tool that will make business easier.

hort101 and Mdirrigation like this.
  4. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

I know, I know.. I'd love to buy it new, along with a new leaf loader.. But I just don't have it like that!