All true. But perhaps folks are just wanting a starting point to recovery. If i have the choice of sitting home and doing nothing ( which is the case here at least 1 or 2 days a week now) or something that earns me a living, I am willing to start somewhere as long as the homeowner is on board for the cost of the end result. It is easier to scrap it all and replace. All of Mike G's comments are true, usually it is all junk. but give me a serviceable trans, PVC pipe already run under sidewalks and drives, and a day, I can make a great impact on a homeowner afraid to spend larger money in todays economy. Like mike said, many folks will be upset they have lost 100% of what they invested just a few years ago. If I can come in and replace/repair 25% of thier system on the majors, that goes a long way to building trust for the rest of the 75%. maybe they won't do the other 75 % today, but next month, next year, If what you do works, They will want you back. And it beats staying at home typing on lawnsite.