Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all...

I have a Husqvarna 48" hydro WB with the Proslide sulky (which has saved my life on many occasions and I love). It this combo works great for the most part.

However, the new weight distribution causes the front end to bounce around a little too much on bumpy ground and to lift when I go up hills (of course, duh).

So I was wondering if any of you had tips on cheap weight kits or maybe tips on how to do a poor-mans do-it-your-self weight kit hehe.

I am thinking I want to add about 40 lbs to the front, hopefully something that could absorb shock a little bit too (I actually thought a bag of soil wouldn't be that bad of an idea, about 40 lbs and great shock absorbtion, but I just don't know if I can go this ghetto!!!).

Any advice/tips would be appreciated! - Kyle.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
When I was still using walkbehinds with sulkys I wrapped 2 sets of ankle weights around the caster arms on the front. That was 20 lbs. It made all the different in the world.

I think they were $10 a set....

Derek

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm not a bad idea... what kind of ankle weights are we talking about? Maybe I should just go steal a 35lb weight from the local fitness gym and use tie downs to hold it in place lol!

Any one else got some ideas?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a weight on the front of my Hustler SWB and it does keep it from bouncing as much . However I would check with my local dealer first to see what they had available for my machine as usually fit and work better . A homemade weight kit though cheaper may mess with your warranty .

Big Hoss

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
they were the wrap around ones with what could be lead shot (bb's) in them

Derek

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.