Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by humble1, May 4, 2008.
Anyone know of an inexpensive liquid iron?
I'm sure Paul Sachs has something, try here
I believe they are not too far from you
I have a question?? what about the iron that comes from well water, some of the wells that we run into have some really iron rich water. It some times stains every thing red, could this be used to supplement a tea with??? here i go into uncharted territory????
Sewer sludge ferts have 4% iron, or so.
???? what other metals though???? and how heavy ????
Milorganite has risen to the cause!!
No heavier metal than Peter Frampton.
How sad is that.
really they fixed it?? that's great!!! time for some sewer sludge.
expand till it hurts or your compost binns are empty
i dont see how they got the heavy metals out
Treegal, a lot of well water iron problems are not really iron (Fe). The rust color can often be contributed to bacteria, red or white. Lots of times accompanied with a sulfur smell. Putting Chlorine tablets in the well will often times stop the rust rings in your toliet bowls and sinks. Clorox works very well for this also, as will pool chlorine. It is best to apply the chlorine in the well and then turn on all your mixing valves, hot and cold and flush all toliets until you can smell the chlorine in your sinks, bathtub and comodes and then turn the water off and not use any water for at least 24hrs to allow the chlorine to kill out the bacteria. The waiting and not useing the water for 24 hrs part is important because if you keep using the water right after adding the chlorine, you wont get the complete baterial kill off and the rust rings will be back in a short time. After 24hrs, let the water run until the chlorine smell is gone before useing. Maybe wash a load or two of clothes so you dont waste the water.
Not saying you dont have iron (Fe) water because you very well could have, but bacteria is more often the real problem with iron getting all the blame. If you do have a baterial iron problem, dont be suprised if you notice that your water will seem softer and soap lathers up more after the chlorine treatment.
no this is disolved iron, not Hydrogen sulfide. i am goin to have to look into this.