• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Cheap people pay double.

Sunscaper

LawnSite Senior Member
Here's a few pictures from an estimate I was underbid on two months ago. East Asian Indian decided that my price was too high. Today I was called to give an estimate to fix the job two weeks in the making. The guy finds out now it's going to cost $2k more than it would have from the start and he has the lowest quality paver ever made. Enjoy looking at what $3.00 per square foot will buy you.

HPIM0152.jpg

HPIM0156.jpg

HPIM0157.jpg

HPIM0158.jpg

ChampionLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
Man I see a bunch of things wrong. First, he should have started at the road and work towards the house. The pavers will stay put and not shift like working downhill. Next, any fancy inlay should be done after the field is put down. Why waste all that time trying to figure cuts when you can just trace an outline, then cut. Duhh. I don't even want to know where his screed rails are. That looks like beach sand. A little too dry for my liking. ughh.

OP
S

Sunscaper

LawnSite Senior Member
I will not fix the mess. I am going to make more $ off of the stupidity here than I could have ever made off one installation. I will not lower myself to deal with this guy. He wants crap, crap he will have but not with our brand anywhere associated with it.