Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 100 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Are there any programs where you can turn in gas equipment and get a tax credit or rebate for buying electric. I'm holding on to some trimmers and a blower that are no longer running thinking, that at some point this might occur. Like cash for clunkers.
You ight want to check with NJNLA and NJLCA for programs like that in NJ.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
that’s amazing! If this works I’ll be blasting that value proposition.
I mention no annoying small engine droning. I’ve only seen one other outfit running electric, they’re mean green and ego commercial all electric. I think it stands out from the “John’s Landscaping” kinda thing. I mean nooo one else has anything electric in my area that I’ve seen in three years. This all electric guy just showed up and I rarely see them. That makes my service unique.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I wonder about a company with a name specific towards electric equipment. It would seem to me that a company like that dumped a hella lot of money into it and is starting with some electric stuff, a dream, and either a lot of debt or a big hole in the bank account. I don’t need to be “Greased Lightning” lawncare, just a company that runs what I think is best.

·
Super Moderator
45,047 Posts
I wonder about a company with a name specific towards electric equipment. It would seem to me that a company like that dumped a hella lot of money into it and is starting with some electric stuff, a dream, and either a lot of debt or a big hole in the bank account. I don’t need to be “Greased Lightning” lawncare, just a company that runs what I think is best.
In east Tennessee the name is more likely to be "Greased Pig Landscaping."

·
Registered
26,349 Posts
I wonder if the mood was similar when the change from horse and buggies to gas powered vehicles was going on.
I'm sure it was resisted and rumors of it causing everything to go down the tube
It's funny how long people resisted the earth being round ......

·
Registered
26,349 Posts
It is?? Lol!!
It sure is 🌎 looks like when in🛸✈🚀🛸

Just an another example of people choose to believe what they want
And long standing beliefs are hard to change even when the proof and truth is in front of our face

Reactions: JU Lawncare

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if the mood was similar when the change from horse and buggies to gas powered vehicles was going on.

·
Registered
26,349 Posts
It is?? Lol!!
Ime people don't really want to give electric string trimmer a chance
I gave a specific modification and technique that works for me

Most would rather argue why it won't work without even trying what I suggested that has been working for me

The few that tried it took the guard off and let out too much string which has a turning point where the longer string quickly drains the battery

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow!! What an amazing set up. I could only dream about that.

if your break even fee is $53, I’m curious what you pay your guys/girls and what you charge or what you would recommend profiting off employees. I profit about 15-20 off each employee after all labour fees calculated.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I think it’s a big step to get into using an electric string trimmer in our setting. Running guardless really ups the anti. I’m not sure if it’s that feasible to run electric string trimmers all day without in car charging. One string trimmer and one or two batteries seems to require something like my 100ah slave and a pure sine inverter to ensure no issues. $400 slave, $100 inverter and $100 12v lithium charger plus trimmer and two batteries. We’re at a grand already.

81 - 100 of 191 Posts