1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Check This out !!!(crazy clients part ten million)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, Jan 16, 2005.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys ,Sorry i haven't posted in a while . Busy an ALL. but got to tell you about this story ..Bobby I can't compare to yours.
    Got this single lady(crazy as he^*) . She has called me 2 times for a (free) estimate i did it .third time i gave her a phone call guess(This house is behind mine ,on the other street)She wanted a final clean up ,Fed up with up with the other estimates. I told her 50.0 to 75.00 for the job . i charged her 70.00 for 1.25 hrs work? . Well make a long story short,She finally payed me ,but on her invoice she said "Your prices are to high"I need to re-align my prices.

Guys She is crazy!!I think i did it cheap an then a insult !!!

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

leeslawncare- How do you like this crazy weather here in Chattanooga.

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like the 3 strikes rule to me.

4. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like something I would do. I am the champ at working too cheap for idiots. At least you got enough out of it to sleep at night. You need to realign her a$$ right out the door. Let some other dummy work cheap and he will be out of business soon. This has become my mantra this season. -Paul

5. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

how do you present yourself?
    If your a small time operation and come off as the local kid trying to make a few bucks than that is a little expensive from a customers point of view

If your a pro i would have charged her 50$ per hour per employee. I dont get out of the truck for a one time job unless its atleast 125.

If its a pain in the ass customer taht calls more than a couple of times a week then i tack on another 50% to the bill.

There are crap loads of cheap ass operations running that do cheap ass jobs people in my area want **** done right and are willing to pay for it. Also english speaking employees help alot.

6. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

I had a cheap ass that I shoveled her driveway/walkways for. Took me 3 hrs to do. It was 12-14" of compacted ice and snow. I did it as a favor for a customer of mine(her mom). I leave her a bill for $200. She calls me and said she is not accustomed to paying this much for work. I told her to pay me what she thought was fair. I get a check for $60 reading 3 hrs at $ 20 an hr. Chalk one up for experience.

7. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

Im laughing so hard ... why did you tell her that?
    Hey i got a bunch of work for you? :)