1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Checking on any Altoz owner operators???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GRASSKICKER1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. GRASSKICKER1

GRASSKICKER1 LawnSite Member

I'm a industrial mowing and vegetation contractor, Specialty Land Management LLC. I'm the current mowing contractor for Entergy for the north half of Louisiana. I manage vegetation clear high lines and fence rows around all power grids and sub stations, I'm certified in Government and Nuclear vegetation management. I have to have equipment that can handle the worst vegetation you can imagine, all my mowers are diesel powered with tractor lugs and 4X4 F3060 and F3680 front cutters, I've been trying to research the Altoz machines since I saw the first TRX track machine.....I finally drove 300 miles to the closest dealer to test the Altoz TRX mower, they didn't have the big 660i so I rode the smallest Track mower he had. I was so impressed I bought 2 of the new TRX 766i sight unseen, I sure I made a good decision, no one checks mower components like I do, it's not like the Kubota machines nor is it tested like the industrial cutters I use and I've tested the best. Slope master has the biggest ZTR cutter around 98 hp diesel!!! $110,000 base price, that will be added to my fleet next year, had to drive to Georga just to look at it. Just because you never heard of it don't make it a bad choice. Most average mowing services can't afford or need machines like we use. So buying expensive machines has to be studied and researched I know what to look for in a machine, the only thing that worries me is....this is the first machine that I have purchased where you can't grease the drive spindles, this is the ONLY drawback I see and ( I hate its it's not diesel) but with regular maintenance it will do!!! Let me know if you have a Altoz machine of any size let me know what you think???

hort101 likes this.
  2. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Drove one at GIE. Thought they were pretty rough on turf and low ground speed. Other than that seems like a good mower. For the purpose described above I'm surprised they're big enough for that type of work but I'm not familiar with all their models like the 766.

3. OP
    OP
    GRASSKICKER1

We have alot of swampy soft ground down here, I needed them for my sub sites and treatment plants cant wait to try them out.....I will post pics and some reviews once I get them rolling!!!

hort101 and zlandman like this.
  4. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you are one of the few that routinely take jobs that one of those tracked machines might be suited for.

As for the no maintenance spindles, I've been running exmarks for 6 years now and have had zero spindle problems, my current machine has 2200 hours on the spindles and they still have no play and sound smooth when they spin. I would say as long as altoz has a good spindle design, maintenance free is a plus in my book with no real drawbacks.

hort101 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    GRASSKICKER1

Thank you for the info. My cousin has a hustler z that has no maintenance spindles she has been mowing her 10 acre yard for 4 years with a home owners unit with no issues!!!

hort101 likes this.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Finding user input on Altoz is tough....I've been trying for months....

7. OP
    OP
    GRASSKICKER1

Are you looking at TRX Altoz mowers???

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

No....the wheeled series. No user input on either to be found.