1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

chem lawn spray gun question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by anthony, Aug 4, 2002.

1. anthony

anthony Guest

i don't have much experence with my tank sprayer(i only been useing it for fungicide applications. and as soon as temore AKA steve emails me back i will be useing it for shrub applications.:confused:

my questions are

1. are they a standard gun for lawn applications?

i seen 2 different spray rigs last week with a stainless steel spray gun.....

2. mine drips a little are they rebuildable and if so is it a "no brainer"

anthony

2. Chem lawn gun is for as follows "LAWNS" hence the name chemical lawn gun.

You are in search of something more like a JD9 gun.

3. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

Lesco sells rebuild kits for chemlawn guns. I think that they are 5 or 6 bucks each. If the gun is dripping, get a rebuild kit & replace the insides. It's simple, & will only take you a minute to do.

Rob

4. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

You saw a JD9 gun. They are great for tree and shrub apps. As far as the leaking gun, you need to buy a kit(contains o-rings etc.) that will solve that problem. You also need to make sure that whatever size tip you use is calibrated with tank pressure.