Chemical application help

sweatn4abuck

LawnSite Member
I am new to the forum and have been trying to read and understand the terminology on here. Many on here are using acronyms which makes it harder. However since I never have actaully applied anything aside from round up. I am lost with the chemical app process. The NC pesticide class was a joke. I passed with ease since I am good wih math and have common sense. The class never talked about calibration, application rates, chemicals used, and how to clean tanks afterwards. I went to local Lesco dealer thinking they would help and have some good reading material and they were no help with chemicals, rates, and programs. I inquired about purchasing a skid and how to calibrate, clean when finished with different apps etc. I have also tried using this sites search for many answers but a lot of them are not there. I would appreciate any links or pointers on how to move forward and become more educated with the app process. I am looking at purchasing a Permagreen combo. I want to focus on fescue only for this season and slowly add from there. I would really appreciate any help.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
REad-on your questions my be answered--feel free to use the search function. Do you have a specific question?
University sites have good info on calibration.
http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/cropsystems/DC3885.html

Cleaning sprayers--actually--it is not recommended to use the same sprayer for different uses. Don't spray trees with the same sprayer used for herbicide.

Talk to a different chemical company or salesman--sounds like your local Lesco guys are not helpful. You may have to take the salesman out to lunch

OP
S

sweatn4abuck

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the reply, reading is what I have been doing a lot of. Yeah lesco guys were not very helpful. Main questions concern putting an effective program together for fescue, using cost effective quality products.

Ijustwantausername

LawnSite Silver Member
I am new to the forum and have been trying to read and understand the terminology on here. Many on here are using acronyms which makes it harder. However since I never have actaully applied anything aside from round up. I am lost with the chemical app process. The NC pesticide class was a joke. I passed with ease since I am good wih math and have common sense. The class never talked about calibration, application rates, chemicals used, and how to clean tanks afterwards. I went to local Lesco dealer thinking they would help and have some good reading material and they were no help with chemicals, rates, and programs. I inquired about purchasing a skid and how to calibrate, clean when finished with different apps etc. I have also tried using this sites search for many answers but a lot of them are not there. I would appreciate any links or pointers on how to move forward and become more educated with the app process. I am looking at purchasing a Permagreen combo. I want to focus on fescue only for this season and slowly add from there. I would really appreciate any help.
Amen. It took me forever, and a few burned lawns to get fertilizer calibration down. Now me entering into the skid sprayer world is going to be even more fun I hear. I think a good bit of guys on here have worked for a lawn company before - hence their incredible knowledge on this matter. I would pay good money for someone to show me the ropes on spraying.

As for Lesco, forget em, I get the vibe that they cater only to the big boys who give them thousands a year. That's fine, won't see me again. Google Green Resource Garner NC. Nicest guys, really knowledgeable and good prices.

REASON18

LawnSite Member
Phillie, I think he and I are wanting to know how to calibrate a spray gun/boom, and the pattern/style of walking used to spray a yard correctly.
Go to Green Resources web site and look under Resources. You will find a wealth of information especailly on calibrating. If you do not have a sales rep at Green Resource yet, then you may want to talk to Chris. Chris is my rep and he is also a phone call or text away. Giles is very helpful as well.

http://www.green-resource.com/

REASON18

LawnSite Member
Go to Green Resources web site and look under Resources. You will find a wealth of information especailly on calibrating. If you do not have a sales rep at Green Resource yet, then you may want to talk to Chris. Chris is my rep and he is also a phone call or text away. Giles is very helpful as well.

http://www.green-resource.com/
I believe you are going to have to practice...a lot. In your driveway with plain water. Its kind of hard telling you how to do these things. You are going to have to get the feel for yourself. Hurry and get your skid built and practice.