1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

chemical help

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by deer_slayer863, Apr 24, 2010.

  1. deer_slayer863

    deer_slayer863 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 10

    hey i am pretty new to treating yards and i want to get into it big and i am just looking for some advice in where to buy chemicals and what are the best to use for what grasses ect...any info is very helpful thank you, Nick :waving:
  2. deer_slayer863

    deer_slayer863 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 10

    i mean get into it period (i have used some herbicide like round up pro Razor and stuff but as far as turf i could use a little advice...I just want to do it for some side income...
  3. JoeinJasper

    JoeinJasper LawnSite Member
    Messages: 173

    In Georgia you are required to have a pesticide applicator's licence for any type of pesticide applications (other than your own home). First go to your county cooperative extention office to get the study materials and sign up for the test, then pick up info sheets on the various pests and their treatments.

  4. deer_slayer863

    deer_slayer863 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 10

    yes i know that, i got my books now, getting ready for the test, Thanks
  5. AnotherOkie

    AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla
    Messages: 455

    I mostly use Agrium. They advertise here and there is link to their company home page. Some use JDL or other local places such as Estes.

Share This Page