• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Chemical proportioning system

Turf Tech

LawnSite Member
I just purchased a GMC W3500 with a 15 flatbed that I going to mount all my spray equipment on. I am going to put new pumps and tanks on it but I was looking for some type of chemical proportioning system. I have looked for hours on the internet and cant seem to find anything. Surely there is a system out there where you can load your chemical in seperate tanks and then set a percentage of chemical to be inducted into the water as it goes thru the line. Batch mixing is to time consuming and waste production time.

Anyone have any leads or have one of these systems?

rcreech

Sponsor
I just purchased a GMC W3500 with a 15 flatbed that I going to mount all my spray equipment on. I am going to put new pumps and tanks on it but I was looking for some type of chemical proportioning system. I have looked for hours on the internet and cant seem to find anything. Surely there is a system out there where you can load your chemical in seperate tanks and then set a percentage of chemical to be inducted into the water as it goes thru the line. Batch mixing is to time consuming and waste production time.

Anyone have any leads or have one of these systems?
I don't have any information on this topic...but contact OASIS Turf and Tree in Cincinnati Ohio as I know they are using something like this.

They are on the internet and the owner's name is Rob. They are a top notch outfit!

Rayholio

LawnSite Bronze Member
you're looking for chemical injection.. Similar to a hose end sprayer.. but for the big guys.. as I understand they're in the experimental stage.. I would love to have a hose end injection system for my Z spray to add iron to the mix that wouldn't have to go thru the pump... havn't found the right way to build it yet.

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
You might look at chemilizer, dosatron or dosamatic. These are all fertilizer injectors that you can regulate to a certain degree and they are all water driven.

Ric

LawnSite Fanatic
Turf Tech

http://www.chemilizer.com/

I have the HN 55 injector with two different injectors to change rates. I carry fresh water in a 300 gallon tank and 2.5 gallons of insecticide in a separate tank at the one oz per gallon rate. I use this set up on my Structural Pest Control / Fire Ant truck and have only sprayed straight insecticide with it. I can fill the fresh water tank at the same time I am spraying pesticide. Beside the ease of filling and mixing, I have found this system really saves money on chemicals. You only use what you use and have no left over product mixed up. I can top off my fresh water or insecticide tank any time without doing any math of mixing half tanks. At the volume I spray, I have to add water to my mix of surfactant and insecticide in the injector tank.

rcreech

Sponsor
Ric,

Where in the H have you been man?

Your like magic...you disappear and then BOOM you show up!

Heard you are having a cold winter down there!

Global warming sucks don't it!

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
I used direct injection herbicide set up at another company. It was complicated and expensive to fix. It would mess up every other year and dump too much herbicide down and kill lawns.

Ric

LawnSite Fanatic
I used direct injection herbicide set up at another company. It was complicated and expensive to fix. It would mess up every other year and dump too much herbicide down and kill lawns.
Young

While I have not sprayed any Herbicide with my injector, I feel it would do OK. I have talked with people who have used it for herbicides without any problems.

While Injectors make life easy for those using them, You must check them all the time to be sure they are working proper. In my case of only applying Insecticide, Little or no damage can be done if the injector messes up. I might have to retreat in the worse case.

So far I have had no problems with my HN 55 and at $ 300.00 I would replace it before repairing it.

One of the reason I looked into this unit is a other pest control company was using them on Compact Trucks using House water instead of a tank. It was last year when Diesel prices were sky high. Oldham Chemical sells a Termite Pre-treat unit that works the same. Not unlike a pressure washer set up a dual hose system was used. One hose to the customer's water tap and a second to spray. A small holding tank was used to meet the 2 inch anti-siphon rule. But the float valve shut off in that small tank was the most expensive part of the set up. I decided against using Customer water from a perception standpoint. However I carry a Hose and can refill in the field if I have too.

One other point I would like to make about the injector besides safety and economy. I have 3 trucks a Car and Motorcycle. Wouldn't you know it everyone had a reason not to drive except the injector truck with a full 300 tank. I just pulled the filter off and let the 300 gallons of fresh water irrigate my yard and drove off a 1 1/4 Tons lighter.